Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Can you set the wizard in the Expert meter to recommend by half units instead of only whole units? Half unit pens are easily available. Pumps of course can dose to 0.05u accuracy. So there is less of the "free carbs" due to a rounding error on the wizard.

Yes you can, the meter advises doses in half unit which is great :)

Reactions: 3 people

picklebean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just as my basal rate changes throughout the day, my I:C ratio varies according to the time of day. At breakfast it's currently 1:13, whereas at 10pm it's 1:10, irrespective of what I'm eating. These ratios have all changed as my weight has shifted, upped my activity, etc., etc.

Yup, same for me - I'm currently going through the arduous process of monitoring/changing my bolus ratios throughout the day.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
On pump. Never worry about eating snacks.. Always bolus for what I eat. Like previous poster mentioned.... Corrections may cause stacking (more so on mdi) but then on the accucheck pump if you have your offset and acting time set up correctly it does work on the times etc you have set up. So even on corrections I never worry as the accuchek pump is prettydamn good ifset up correctly.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

mojo_101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I totally agree with Spiker's comments on both stacking and the 10g 'advice'.