Keeping blood glucose levels stable over night

Leadinglady57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello there.

I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes back in September and wasn't allowed to leave the Surgery without medication (Metformin) as my readings were all very high :( ....a bit of a shock as 2 years previously I was NOT diabetic. When I went for my first Diabetic Eye Screening, I was told that I have a tiny spot haemorrage but that she would expect to see that in a patient who had had Diabetes for 4-5 years!!!

I also have NAFLD, which, as I understand, goes hand in hand with Diabetes for a lot of people. I recently found out, after a liver biopsy, that I have scarring in my liver, on a scale of 1-5, I have 1.5-2, so I have been rather overwhelmed by it all. :confused::(

I don't sleep well at the best of times and haven't done for many years, but it says on the newsletter that one thing to help with sleep, would be to 'keep blood glucose levels stable over night'.

I don't know if mine are stable or not or how I tell as I don't test my blood! Can anyone give me any indications on how to know if the bgc levels are up or not or even tips on how to make sure I do keep my bgc levels stable over night, please? Maybe doing something, will help me to sleep.....I don't know, but I'm sure it's worth asking all you experienced people out there.

Considering I have had this disease for the past 9 months, I am still fumbling round in the dark. I have yet to see a dietitian to help me with my diet and I am STILL waiting to hear from my doctor about the medically-recommended exercise programme.

The worst part about having this disease, is that I have the most terrible craving for chocolate at night, which I have suffered with for a long time!

I hope some of you will kindly come to the aid of my SOS.

In the meantime, enjoy the sunshine :D

Very best wishes.
Sue

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
this should keep you busy for a week
first ask for a meter, if you don't get it buy a sd codefree meter off amazon uk
http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14045524.php

fatty liver can be helped by diet, I don't know about scaring. http://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb-diet-best-fatty-liverthe

stable overnight may refer to T1 and insulin, as T2, it is what it is and diet /metformin will get it down over time.

the dietician will be hi-carb low fat from the 70's, make up your own mind what works for you

sickofit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello there.

I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes back in September and wasn't allowed to leave the Surgery without medication (Metformin) as my readings were all very high :( ....a bit of a shock as 2 years previously I was NOT diabetic. When I went for my first Diabetic Eye Screening, I was told that I have a tiny spot haemorrage but that she would expect to see that in a patient who had had Diabetes for 4-5 years!!!

I also have NAFLD, which, as I understand, goes hand in hand with Diabetes for a lot of people. I recently found out, after a liver biopsy, that I have scarring in my liver, on a scale of 1-5, I have 1.5-2, so I have been rather overwhelmed by it all. :confused::(

I don't sleep well at the best of times and haven't done for many years, but it says on the newsletter that one thing to help with sleep, would be to 'keep blood glucose levels stable over night'.

I don't know if mine are stable or not or how I tell as I don't test my blood! Can anyone give me any indications on how to know if the bgc levels are up or not or even tips on how to make sure I do keep my bgc levels stable over night, please? Maybe doing something, will help me to sleep.....I don't know, but I'm sure it's worth asking all you experienced people out there.

Considering I have had this disease for the past 9 months, I am still fumbling round in the dark. I have yet to see a dietitian to help me with my diet and I am STILL waiting to hear from my doctor about the medically-recommended exercise programme.

The worst part about having this disease, is that I have the most terrible craving for chocolate at night, which I have suffered with for a long time!

I hope some of you will kindly come to the aid of my SOS.

In the meantime, enjoy the sunshine :D

Very best wishes.
Sue
What is Nafld?