How many ...

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
8-10 for me.............4 meals, mid meals and before driving etc...

the weekend or days off work are a different story though...........

I am really bad for snacking and not giving myself insulin just because the snack is small, but it always destroys my blood sugar, which is obvious when I think about it....
After reading everyone's replies I will definitely be having a chat with my doctor to up my strips as I would like to do between 7 and 8 a day , to be able to test after meals aswell as before . So thank you for replying .
Oh dear lol , I get what you mean though I tend to not do so many bms on the weekend and may treat myself to a treat , I'm quiet lucky to be able to keep my levels rather good , but everyone has bad bloods sometimes we are allowed a treat :p:p:)

Reactions: 2 people

stinky25

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
...have been testing 7 times a day, pretty new to this , only diagnosed type 1 about 6 weeks back, but, finding it usefull to keep a food diary along with my readings, least i know what to avoid!!
do you guys not get everything on the NHS? i was given an ACCU-CHECK mobile, get all the cassettes etc free on the NHS, did buy myself a backup for work, only cost £20 new off ebay...

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
...have been testing 7 times a day, pretty new to this , only diagnosed type 1 about 6 weeks back, but, finding it usefull to keep a food diary along with my readings, least i know what to avoid!!
do you guys not get everything on the NHS? i was given an ACCU-CHECK mobile, get all the cassettes etc free on the NHS, did buy myself a backup for work, only cost £20 new off ebay...
That's brilliant , that it's helping you , and working out what works best for you too .
Yes I do get my diabetic stuff for free on the nhs , but sometimes only provide a certain amount of test strips . As they made cut backs .
But as I want to do an extra two tests a day to make it 7 times a day . I will have to go and have a chat with my doctor . And hopefully they will agree to up my strips . :)

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
when I completed DAFNE and when I went on the pump, my nurses and consultants at my clinic just provided a letter to my GP stating I needed more strips and that was that..........:)

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
when I completed DAFNE and when I went on the pump, my nurses and consultants at my clinic just provided a letter to my GP stating I needed more strips and that was that..........:)
Yeah my diabetes team are brilliant , so if I have any trouble with my doctors , I could always go to them and get it sorted .
I done DAFNE a few years ago now . The docs have always been good with me with providing them apart from once so just a bit nervous I guess with asking for more but it needs to be done . I'm not on a pump I'm on injections .
How many do you get a month if you don't mind me asking ?

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Because you said you like my graphs here is the first few days from when I suddenly realised my eyesight was in danger from this disease and I needed to find out what was happening to my body (and also changing my diet to lchf at same time.)

upload_2014-6-13_12-56-42.png

You can see where I went totally nuts! lol (Yes just a few weeks ago., can't believe how much my (diabetic) life has changed.)

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Because you said you like my graphs here is the first few days from when I suddenly realised my eyesight was in danger from this disease and I needed to find out what was happening to my body (and also changing my diet to lchf at same time.)

View attachment 5423

You can see where I went totally nuts! lol (Yes just a few weeks ago., can't believe how much my (diabetic) life has changed.)
I was just going to say yes I can see where it went totally nuts , but wow what a change at the end of the chart , wow you must be so proud of yourself I know I would be . :):):) Is good looking at it in chart form though :p