Bl@@dy nits!!!!!!!!

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
I can so relate to this Scandichic and others..

– There was a period in my boys' childhood where we would regularly find nits (lice we call them here, a more 'unpleasant' word but still the same).

And it always irked me that we were the only parents who reported back to the classroom teacher that they were around so that other parents might be warned to be on the look-out. They must surely have known unless they were rather unobservant, hmm – but maybe it was still a kind of social stigma at the time. (Well, admittedly I didn't like to report back, so yes definitely still a social stigma hanging around there in the 70'es - but I nevertheless did).

At one time – before the class was going on a camp – it had even come so far that parents were warned that on the morning of departure to camp, a school nurse would come around and check each and every child for lice. If found in a child, that child would not go. Tough measures but it seemed to help, all children were declared free and that kind of stopped the 'epidemic' (for a time anyway) …

annelise

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
My granddaughter had them in march and reading these posts it has given me .
Got an itch need to scratch now ! :meh:

Reactions: 3 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Reactions: 6 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I volunteered at a school last year and spotted two kids with nits but I wasn't allowed to tell the parents!! It's all gone mad!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 3 people

jesta1865

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
walking, dieting
i know of one lot of kids where when the parents were told they had nits, they used dog anti flea shampoo to get rid of them, needless to say it didn't.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
I volunteered at a school last year and spotted two kids with nits but I wasn't allowed to tell the parents!! It's all gone mad!

Isn't it just daft? Surely as a parent you would WANT to know if your child has nits - saves them getting bullied for it by the other kids right? I know no parent wants to hear their kid has passed nits on to their friends but how else are they supposed to know!?

Beggars belief!!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!

I am an awful teacher. Because I tell them. Most people want to know. Beaurocracy gone mad.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can so relate to this Scandichic and others..

– There was a period in my boys' childhood where we would regularly find nits (lice we call them here, a more 'unpleasant' word but still the same).

And it always irked me that we were the only parents who reported back to the classroom teacher that they were around so that other parents might be warned to be on the look-out. They must surely have known unless they were rather unobservant, hmm – but maybe it was still a kind of social stigma at the time. (Well, admittedly I didn't like to report back, so yes definitely still a social stigma hanging around there in the 70'es - but I nevertheless did).

At one time – before the class was going on a camp – it had even come so far that parents were warned that on the morning of departure to camp, a school nurse would come around and check each and every child for lice. If found in a child, that child would not go. Tough measures but it seemed to help, all children were declared free and that kind of stopped the 'epidemic' (for a time anyway) …

annelise
Hej!
I think the eggs are nits and lice are lice but usually people say nits and mean the lot because if you've got the lice you have the eggs and vice versa. Feel like scratching at the thought of them. Urgh!

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I'm working with kids I bug bust my hair with a nit comb after every wash. I find wearing 'product' of some kind helps. They don't seem to like a light spray of hairspray, or a coating of gel.

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Found one more egg this morning in her fringe! Trouble is we know 3 lots of people who regularly don't treat. Why??!!!!! My brother in law used to use t-tree oil and conditioner! Poor kid never managed to get rid of them! It's my youngest who generally gets them although to be fair she's probably had them 4 times in 2 years. Worms! Yuck! Youngest is going to school with chip pan hair! I have washed it thoroughly but it always takes 2 washes.

The way to get the oil out of the hair is to put shampoo directly on the hair, then rub the shampoo all over the hair and gradually add water to soften the lather. Keep adding water until you achieve a soft loose lather. Rinse thoroghly to remove lather.

One way to minimise attacks is to keep long hair tied up and to shampoo less often. The little adult lice jump from head to head when children put their heads together. Lice prefer nice clean hair to greasy hair.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The way to get the oil out of the hair is to put shampoo directly on the hair, then rub the shampoo all over the hair and gradually add water to soften the lather. Keep adding water until you achieve a soft loose lather. Rinse thoroghly to remove lather.

One way to minimise attacks is to keep long hair tied up and to shampoo less often. The little adult lice jump from head to head when children put their heads together. Lice prefer nice clean hair to greasy hair.
I put the shampoo on first but didn't add water bit by bit. Will try that next time!

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
J
I put the shampoo on first but didn't add water bit by bit. Will try that next time!

Just make sure you put on enough shampoo to thoroughly cover the oily stuff. The reason for adding the water gradually is so that you can get the shampoo lathered up to a soft and bubbly consistency that becomes easier to rinse out. If you try to rinse out shampoo that has not produced a lather it leaves a residue on the hair and scalp and a feeling that they are not clean.