BG Testing Equipment

duryard

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. I am not newly diagnosed but new to the forum as I would like loose some weight and try and get a better grip of this thing so am thinking of getting a BG Monitor. I want one that will sync with my Android smart phone or computer so I can see trends etc and was wondering what other people use to do their BG.

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not currently aware of any meters that sync with android, which would be useful.

I am using the AgaMatrix Jazz meter as supplied by my GP. Strips ar £14 per 50 which I believe is reasonable. Aga Matrix will supply a "special" usb link cable for free and you can download their ZeroClick app (for pc, havent checked apple or linux versions if even available).

It works well enough, though could be better. I have passed on my suggestions to AgaMatrix, but I doubt we'll see any improvements. They have an android app, but not linked to the meter.

I'm fairly sure other meter manufacturers will have similar facilities.

Best bet is ask your gp what they recommend, they may even give you one ss like printers the money is in the strips they sell.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Take a look at glooko software as that can sync some meters on android including the contour usb

Reactions: 2 people

duryard

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the heads up guys. Off to Boots I thinK :)

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glooko.com shows that my meter not compatible -shame

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As you mentioned syncing with a computer as an alternative to a smart phone, whilst the SD Codefree meter I use cannot sync with any phone, there is a cable available to allow the data to be uploaded to a computer.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
A good work around us to sync you meter to the PC using sidiary which supports most meters

There is a iphone and android app which then syncs with the sidiary server, so will pull down the results from your PC, but also upload any entries made on the phone

I have been using it for a few years and it works well

Things like the hba1c estimator work really well and a good set or reports and printable log books

Jill the tt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
unkindness
As you mentioned syncing with a computer as an alternative to a smart phone, whilst the SD Codefree meter I use cannot sync with any phone, there is a cable available to allow the data to be uploaded to a computer.
hi, i have a codefree, can you tell me where you got the cable, i've only just had the courage to test before and after meals, so want to upload and get it firmly to grips with
Jill

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
It only seems to work with their
own software though.

Last edited by a moderator:

jonm8

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have a look at the Accu-Chek Mobile . its a nice clean machine with no messing about with strips PC downloadable and with a management system (360) if you contact them they will normally send it out free .. I now have 2 ot them one at home and one i keep at work

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Have a look at the Accu-Chek Mobile . its a nice clean machine with no messing about with strips PC downloadable and with a management system (360) if you contact them they will normally send it out free .. I now have 2 ot them one at home and one i keep at work
very expensive for people paying for their own strips.

jonm8

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Most strips are expensive for what they are .. I keep a eye on ebay and get them off there

and yes i have a ongone argument with my health center on the subject

Diddly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Take a look at the Dario smart meter. The android app should be available within the next few weeks I am told. They are already running an iphone version.

t1
Diagnosed 14/02/2013
44 years old
basal/bolus