3 weeks on Low carb diet and advise needed

Antonyponraj

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friends!!!!
Successful continuation of my 3 week lchf. Present diet is 70 g carb,80 g P,120g fat. Reduced my oral medicines from 2x(metformin 50mg+4mg glimipride+15mg pioglitazone) to 2x(500 mg metformin+7.5mg pio). Fasting BG is 110, 2 hrs after breakfast BS is 160. If I take glimipride instead of pio, my BS fasting @85 and PP @130.

Need suggestion on what to do ??

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I'll 'bump' your post up the forum in the hope that other low-carbers will respond.

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Go lower? :happy:

Joking apart it is a great feeling isnt it Antony this is the first time in well god knows how long, if ever that l have felt in control of my diet, beofre the food was in charge. As not on same meds no idea, is just a well done

MID;)

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Antony!

I'm not sure about your BG levels because I'm no good at the new numbering system - I'd need them converted into mmol to be able to comment. However, when you reduce your carb intake you almost always need to lower your medication. For those of us on insulin, we adjust that ourselves, but for those of you on oral meds, I would suggest going back to your doctor for a proper review of your meds rather than altering doses and choosing which meds to drop - you really should do that in consultation with your doctor.

Smidge

Reactions: 2 people

Antonyponraj

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,
Its almost 6 monyhs now. My HbA1C is 5.8. Cholestrol (HDL-46,LDL-110,TG-95)
Great Feeling. But have one problem .My Lab analysis showm the Electrolyte at 5.2 . Is it to worry?. The normal range is said to be bet 3.2&5.2.

Other profile like liver function and kidney function tests are normal.

Need opinion form memners

Last edited by a moderator: