RoDnEyBoY

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Towie type people
Evening,

I have been giving the low carb thing a good bash for a few weeks and have found by BG results are well within target range , so really happy about that.
However I feel a protein shake for breakfast could help me , which one would you recommend?

Thank you in advance.

RoDnEyBoY.

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How much carbs are you taking per day Rodneyboy? And do you want a shake with carb content? Or zero carbs? I take a good 20g carb protein shake every morning

RoDnEyBoY

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Towie type people
How much carbs are you taking per day Rodneyboy? And do you want a shake with carb content? Or zero carbs? I take a good 20g carb protein shake every morning

TBH every day varies but I usually aim for 40-50 which is a lot less than I would've had in the past.
I have been looking but I just don't know what one to choose so would like a few ideas from the good folk on here rather than read the advertising bumf they print when trying to sell you something.

Personally if there is a shake that helps / promotes / aids weight loss that could be very helpful.

Rod.

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ahhh.... so 20g of carbs in a breakfast shake is probably a bit too much.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I take Nutrisport 90+. It's got 12g carbs per shake. Soy based ones are lower carb, but they're also disgusting! Nutrisport do a pea protein one for vegans, but it's unflavoured and I've not dared to order one!

Reactions: 2 people