Early signs of pregnancy

kt78

I think the normal recommendation for eggs is 10 a week. I should have said you're not meant to have soft eggs, they have to be thoroughly cooked - apart from that they're fine though!

Fingers crossed your wife escapes the b dreaded morning sickness, it was so much worse than I imagined it was going to be!..

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

vikc

Ah ok thanks for that. My wife brought the bread you mentioned earlier and she likes it, so thank you ;)

I noticed you replied on another post about high blood sugars, my wife is having the same trouble, she goes up in the evenings and night. She's increased all her basals by 20% which is helping but still stays around the 7 mark, ideally we would like to keep it around 5-6.

Did you change your carb ratios during early pregnancy as well?

Thanks

kt78

Hi - glad your wife liked the bread, it's a little different from regular granary but I quite like it now too!

Yeah, I did have to change my carb ratios, particularity in the morning - before I was pregnant my ratio before 9am was 1u/9g, at around 5 weeks it was 1u/6g, so quite a big change!

Of course, everyone's diabetes is different, so I don't want to seem prescriptive however...

... Your wife may want to try nudging her carb ratio down one gram at a time, and don't be surprised if it changes by 2-3g in the morning.

Oh, and her correction ratios will change too so look forward to more maths! It's all totally achievable though, just look at it one sum at a time and don't get overwhelmed :)

vikc

Thanks kt

My wife's coming up to 7 weeks now and her blood sugars are staying much lower than before which is likely to be a result of insulin being created by the pregnancy.

We have our first scan next Thursday...we can't wait..my wife will be 7 weeks 3 days by then so hopefully should be able to hear a heartbeat.

LemonTree

Dislikes
High sugar levels :(
Hi Vikc

I had a scan at 6 weeks but I didn't get to hear the heartbeat until about 10 weeks I think! At 6 weeks there is literally a sack and a blob and a pulsing thing which is the heart. I don't know if the doppler will pick it up - it's tiny! Maybe at 7 weeks the embryo is a bit more developed. My favourite scan was the 12 week scan because you can see a properly formed baby at that point and it's amazing how much it has changed in just 6 weeks!

Since then the scans have been a bit disappointing because they're all in depth scans where they just focus on certain bits rather than seeing the whole form. Only 7 weeks to go though and we get to meet the squirmer :happy:

emmiewallace

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was the same as lemontree, had a scan at 6w3d and just saw sac. Went bk at 8w3d and saw my little embryo and heart beat :) I'll attach my scan photo. I've got my 12w scan a week today and it can't come quick enough! I'll be thinking of u both for the scan but don't be dishearted if it's too early to see much but 7w is better than 6 so fingers crossed :) oh and my little bean is upside down in scan lol xx
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1403075245.992149.jpg

vikc

Hi all,

Sorry didn't get a chance to post yesterday. We had the scan yesterday which was amazing. We saw the heartbeat of the baby as well, was absolutely incredible, couldn't believe my eyes. It's amazing that it's only 9.8mm but you can see a heart beat.

We got our 12 week scan on 22nd July so now eagerly counting down the days till then. Can't wait!