What type of work do we do?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I am already on a house swap with beachbag from Wales, lol , so yes Hampshire it is .....always ready to expand the swaps :cool: ( good business site this is ) !!!!! Lol there was a film where girls swapped homes in different counties ...nice soppy film it was...
Hampshire is a lovely place , Norfolk is just flat and wild rather than quaint...
You live in a very lovely place:)
Of course I will want the bus trips you take and the good weather :rolleyes::hungover::happy:
Suffolk is much prettier than Norfolk , that's where minsmere is ...the wild bird trust.....nice there...xxx

You would love the countryside Kat and I pass through Freefolk and Laverstoke which has the longest thatched roof in England, absolutely beautiful ( even though the back of the houses ( Manor Cottages) is tiled, probably to keep the cost down. It has a wishing well on the communal garden at the front and a thatched bus stop which is,one of many on the way:D should be going on Wednesday:) I will try and hopefully take a photo.

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Library assistant turned into a database programmer then back to a library systems assistant. Finally retired to be a reluctant housewife and now am playing at being a grumpy, lazy, fat old diabetic, when not spending my time having fun with my two dogs, doing a fair bit of crafting, and working on - aka thinking about - creating a database of my BG results (which in no way could evrcompare to Andrew Colvin's brilliant effort!)

Robbity

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
1zzkkrq.jpg

Some of our sheep. Once they got loose in the garden and my mum, who was visiting, thought they were all rams. She was terrified but they were just looking for better grazing.

Reactions: 5 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Totto, how could you ? I am shaking with fear now.......We had 10 huge beef cattle invade our garden last year, now they were very easy to remove, I am so grateful they weren't........ sheep.:)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
1zzkkrq.jpg

Some of our sheep. Once they got loose in the garden and my mum, who was visiting, thought they were all rams. She was terrified but they were just looking for better grazing.

Very similar to the ones I see on my countryside bus jaunts,. Also, I went for a job ( it's a short bus ride from my home) a few years ago and I walked up to the big house (with a church next door) and in the grounds there is a flock of sheep, always been there.

Reactions: 3 people

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone seen the film Black Sheep?
It's about man eating zombie sheep haha!

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Totto, how could you ? I am shaking with fear now.......We had 10 huge beef cattle invade our garden last year, now they were very easy to remove, I am so grateful they weren't........ sheep.:)
Sorry about that, I apologise.;)

Reactions: 3 people

lely

I'm a self employed cleaner in people's homes, I have 8 regular customers all of whom are great. I love my job. Fits in with the family life.
Been doing it for about 5 years.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 7 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone seen the film Black Sheep?
It's about man eating zombie sheep haha!

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the SAS* training film that turned Shaun The Sheep ;)

* SAS - Sheep Against Society .

Signy

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Boring bookkeeper. I would have loved to work with animals, especially horses but it just didn't work out, and on cold, wet winter days I can be glad it didn't.

I did help out on a farm when I was a lot younger and had a horse on loan, and I can confirm that sheep are evil, evil but dumb, the only thing worse is goats, they are evil and intelligent.

Reactions: 8 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
In retrospect I can think of other career paths I might have chosen, but you can't look back too much, that way madness lies.

Reactions: 5 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very similar to the ones I see on my countryside bus jaunts,. Also, I went for a job ( it's a short bus ride from my home) a few years ago and I walked up to the big house (with a church next door) and in the grounds there is a flock of sheep, always been there.
Yum! Mutton!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yum! Mutton!

Now, Mutton dressed as lamb is a lot worse lol ;) Haven't had a Mutton meal for years and years, that was when my mum was alive.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Usually when I order lamb curry I get mutton. I can tell the difference and much prefer mutton in a curry.

K

Kat100

You would love the countryside Kat and I pass through Freefolk and Laverstoke which has the longest thatched roof in England, absolutely beautiful ( even though the back of the houses ( Manor Cottages) is tiled, probably to keep the cost down. It has a wishing well on the communal garden at the front and a thatched bus stop which is,one of many on the way:D should be going on Wednesday:) I will try and hopefully take a photo.
Hi RRB
Yes I would love it, yes please take a photo if you can would love to see it ....
I am yet to find my forever place to live ...maybe I should join you....:)
Many years ago in the 1980 ,s I started my working life off in Surrey, used to go on the train to Sussex and Hampshire, the three counties that go together for transport links etc, but I was young then , I mainly remember Sussex because I went on the train to get some sea air....it was very nice.
No motor ways out of Norfolk so don't go far now ! ;)
Great chatting to you ....Kat x

K

Kat100

Library assistant turned into a database programmer then back to a library systems assistant. Finally retired to be a reluctant housewife and now am playing at being a grumpy, lazy, fat old diabetic, when not spending my time having fun with my two dogs, doing a fair bit of crafting, and working on - aka thinking about - creating a database of my BG results (which in no way could evrcompare to Andrew Colvin's brilliant effort!)

Robbity
That is prof Andrew Colvin ;) I always think ...:pics:
You worked in a library , lovely all those books .....:) x
Don't believe you are really grumpy or fat x

K

Kat100

1zzkkrq.jpg

They are lovely totto x

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
From school worked at the local council. Posh job that was, we came from working class factory people. Left there to marry, had kids, came to New Zealand with my baker husband. Ran a bakery business, very successfully. Marriage ended...yay!....did various jobs to support the kids and me then got back into baking until I met my now partner who came to NZ from England in 2002. Moved from Christchurch NZ to rural NZ and have been here ever since. I did 2 years in a Recycling Park, great fun. Partner became sick with a serious heart condition so I retired early to be with him. Actually, he's great, doesn't feel ill and works **** hard. I have fun messing about in the house, baking, knitting, looking after the hens and just generally having the bestest time ever! Odd where our lives lead us, who would have thought that a girly growing up on a housing estate near Bristol would end up here?
****, I'm lucky :happy:

I have often thought I would love to have been an archaeologist. History has always fascinated me especially Medieval history. I love to read and love books, actually took a bookbinding course once, now THAT would have been wonderful, book restoration. History again ;)

Reactions: 13 people