Cup of percolated coffee

lynbrown

Could a cup of coffee keep my readings very high, up to 2 hours after drinking it? My bg says 17. Im puzzled.

Paul577

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It could, if it was a very large latte . I had that experience before, so gave up the latte and stick with black and that has no effect whatever on my levels ( even at the excessive 6 cups per day).

BlueGreen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I practically live on coffee. Cafetiere at work (with semi-skimmed milk), pour-over at home (with skimmed), and lattes everywhere in between (sometimes full fat, sometimes skinny) and I've never noticed any variation of milk type affecting my bg. If milk is really hitting your numbers, have you ever tried almond or hazelnut milk? The unsweetened varieties taste great and have nigh on 0 carbs. I personally love it and often buy a container for a change of pace.

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
I haven't had milk in months, not since cutting my carbs. There is carb in milk, a wee bit higher in skinny milk than in full fat. It will tell you on the label how much carb there is. If you use a lot of milk it will have an impact on your BG readings, depends who you are and what spikes you really. ;)

I have a strong cafetiere in the morning with a splash of cream which doesn't have noticeable carb in it and it's absolutely divine. My coffee doesn't have an impact on my BG not as I have it now but it would if I still used milk. I might have one more coffee later in the day but after my morning one it's usually herbal drinks for me. In the Summer I would drink loads of water with ice and lemon or lime juice. :)

Jenny39579

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could a cup of coffee keep my readings very high, up to 2 hours after drinking it? My bg says 17. Im puzzled.
Are you using semi skimmed? Whole milk has less carbs. But I swapped cows milk for unsweetened Soya milk, because cows milk was raising my blood sugar terribly.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App