I am In My 2nd year of sixth form/ college year 13 AND NEED HELP

Lsdj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am considering doing my Art A level topic on Life with diabetes unsure wht the title would be yet however i feel this topic is very personal which meets ones of the marking criteria which is to have a personal topic. Anyway the reason for this thread is i need everyone's help on how i can tackle this topic. What artists could i possibly look at?What could i incorporate in this topic? I'm a relatively lazy diabetic could i project this in my art ? and how? any ideas are greatly taken into consideration and would be of great help.

If interested at the end of the year of 2015 my exhibition would take place with this topic on display all who are interested in seeing a diabetic inspired are welcome to attend.

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A carb monster, stuck all over with needles ... er

lol

wierd humour I know

hope it goes well.

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You could incorporate test strips (or pictures of ), numbers for blood sugar levels, emotions expressed by colour (look up Mark Rothko for colour and emotion) - you could even link the blood sugar levels to the emotions they make you feel.

Hope that's a bit of help!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Lsdj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You could incorporate test strips (or pictures of ), numbers for blood sugar levels, emotions expressed by colour (look up Mark Rothko for colour and emotion) - you could even link the blood sugar levels to the emotions they make you feel.

Hope that's a bit of help!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
A carb monster, stuck all over with needles ... er

lol

wierd humour I know

hope it goes well.
cheers good ideas Mark Rothko is a good artist have looked at his work before and a carb monster is actually a really cool idea possibly for a final piece

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
What artists could i possibly look at?
Edvard Munch's "The Scream"
The_Scream.jpg

or Clive Barker's "pinhead"
images
as character ideas perhaps.

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I've just asked my daughter (she's studying Art History at The Courtauld Institute - not that I'm excessively proud or anything!). She suggested work by Wayne Thiebaud. He was an American artist of the '50s and '60s and is famous for his paintings of cakes, sweets etc.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi my first thought was along the lines of the artist Jon Burgerman, or incorporating something on the lines of the old Space invaders and Pac man games?

It's sounds very interesting and exciting, good luck and I'm sure you're a future talent to look out for:) With best wishes