First HbA1c results since getting meter

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I've managed to get myself below the diabetes level! :)

HbA1c now 46 (6.4%) down from 50 (6.7%) in April, which was down from 53 (8.6%) in January.

I only started testing on 17th April just after my previous test, and have reduced my carbs a lot more since then.

Cholesterol has increased, certainly due to taking myself off statins 4 weeks ago. Now:
Total 5.2
Trigs 0.72
HDL 1.55
LDL 3.3

Total weight loss 2st. 7lbs (19% body weight)

I have my review with DN next week and will have to fess up about the statins.

Quite pleased but not extatic

Reactions: 5 people

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done for getting the HbA1c down so well and losing weight.

I don't have a clue what the cholesterol stats mean. I will need to learn about that and ask for mine at the next review. I think I'll have to take a pen and paper along.

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
:)

Brilliant Bluetit, well done!

Can't see much wrong with those lipids to be honest - as far as I am concerned a total in the 4s or 5s is spot on, and total/HDL is well under 4.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you Rosie and Rod.

In fact, my cholesterol results are better in all respects than they were in January 2012, which is as far back as I can go. At that time I didn't have diabetes, and the GP passed them as being fine with no mention of statins.

I guess I am a tortoise rather than a hare with my blood sugars. I am getting lower each time slowly but surely.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Bluetit. I'm so pleased you are making great progress after all the hard work you've put in.

We're all works in progress. Keep going.

Reactions: 3 people

sunday1980

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who value money over family/friendsip

HbA1c now 46 (6.4%) down from 50 (6.7%) in April, which was down from 53 (8.6%) in January.

I only started testing on 17th April just after my previous test, and have reduced my carbs a lot more since then.

Cholesterol has increased, certainly due to taking myself off statins 4 weeks ago. Now:
Total 5.2
Trigs 0.72
HDL 1.55
LDL 3.3

Well done you should be VERY pleased with yourself that's a huge improvement in a short space of time! Don't do yourself down seriously even a 5-10% body weight loss has massive health benefits so 19% is superb!

At the end of the day the statins are up to you to decide whether to take or not, you have to take them not the Dr/nurse you're not a naughty schoolkid deserving a slap on the wrist :)

Reactions: 3 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Total 5.2
Trigs 0.72
HDL 1.55
LDL 3.3

Excellent result! Congrats

My cholesterol level went up from 4.5 to 5.4 and someone here said that can happen initially if there has been significant weight loss.

Well done anyway. :)
E

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App