Hello. I'm back!!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
The world is full of look up symptoms etc..even coming to a diabetic forum is a internet check up....
For your glucose testing levels to go down it looks like may have been prediabetic, you may have changed foods, lost weight or doing more exercise...there must be something different in your lifestyle to account for the drop in levels... And whatever you have done seems to have got good results.

As for the retching, I cannot figure out why you simply won't have a minor op done to rule out or rule in what's going on anywhere else.

I ranted because you are not seeing the overall wastage of you not going to appointments..admin staff far out weigh nurses in hospitals and you are causing unnecessary admin. You should have told your gp, "don't waste your time ( and you have..) writing to get my stomach examined, cos I won't go..." Your gp could have spent his time better doing something else, other than getting you an appointment...they work **** hard behind the scenes when not seeing Patients, and all you have done is wasted his or her time...

And then if you do have something wrong with you and you find out later.. Well then you may well cost the NHS more money as you could have been treated earlier.

Sorry, I have had every examination possible from top to bottom. I was so ill I paid privately to see the consultant...if you think you are that ill then you would not cancel these appointments.

If you can't do a minor op... As I asked before what answers are you really wanting from us?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 6 people

calumcco

The world is full of look up symptoms etc..even coming to a diabetic forum is a internet check up....
For your glucose testing levels to go down it looks like may have been prediabetic, you may have changed foods, lost weight or doing more exercise...there must be something different in your lifestyle to account for the drop in levels... And whatever you have done seems to have got good results.

As for the retching, I cannot figure out why you simply won't have a minor op done to rule out or rule in what's going on anywhere else.

I ranted because you are not seeing the overall wastage of you not going to appointments..admin staff far out weigh nurses in hospitals and you are causing unnecessary admin. You should have told your gp, "don't waste your time ( and you have..) writing to get my stomach examined, cos I won't go..." Your gp could have spent his time better doing something else, other than getting you an appointment...they work **** hard behind the scenes when not seeing Patients, and all you have done is wasted his or her time...

And then if you do have something wrong with you and you find out later.. Well then you may well cost the NHS more money as you could have been treated earlier.

Sorry, I have had every examination possible from top to bottom. I was so ill I paid privately to see the consultant...if you think you are that ill then you would not cancel these appointments.

If you can't do a minor op... As I asked before what answers are you really wanting from us?

Well seeing as the only blood test that had problems was my Glucose test and seeing as how this is a diabetes website which is related to Glucose I thought this would be a good place to start???

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well seeing as the only blood test that had problems was my Glucose test and seeing as how this is a diabetes website which is related to Glucose I thought this would be a good place to start???

You may need to work on accepting the olive branch too...! ;)

Reactions: 2 people

calumcco

You seem very uptight and angry? Are you stressed today?

calumcco

And FYI my GP didn't refer me for Endoscopy so I haven't wasted his time. Stop getting so tort and stressed and have a Holsten Pils and chill out, it's Friday !

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
You wrote in your first posting today.. "Which ruled out diabetes" which is why I question why you are still looking on a diabetic website for answers.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I'm off out now.. Got a gig to do... Leave this forum alone for an hour, then come back & steadily read this whole thread again....

These are good intentioned people trying to give advice..!:cool:

calumcco

You wrote in your first posting today.. "Which ruled out diabetes" which is why I question why you are still looking on a diabetic website for answers.

Hi at the time the test ruled out diabetes but 6 months on my GP contacted me and told me to get a "pre-diabetes review" carried out. So seeing as how my symptoms are persisting and I have history of erratic Glucose levels then I think it is only correct that I am coming here to ask for advice... OK?

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Hi at the time the test ruled out diabetes but 6 months on my GP contacted me and told me to get a "pre-diabetes review" carried out. So seeing as how my symptoms are persisting and I have history of erratic Glucose levels then I think it is only correct that I am coming here to ask for advice... OK?
Most of us here ARE diabetic. I don't have these symptoms and am not aware of anyone else mentioning them. I did have bad phlegm for a while which caused me to gag and wretch when it caught in my throat. Since changing diet I no longer suffer from this. Another symptom the docs missed.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I personally can see 4 peoe besides me giving you advice of getting this small op done....
You ignore this.. Thats why I cannot see how anybody can help you here further.
Yes, I'm blunt.. But I say things as I see them. I was the first one on here tonight that mentioned it could possibly be pschological, others have given you instances of there own experiences and advice reference hiatus hernia. But you hone in on my responses, but still haven't for the 3rd time answered my question..what are you actually wanting advice on?

I'm out of here. Good luck..

calumcco

I personally can see 4 peoe besides me giving you advice of getting this small op done....
You ignore this.. Thats why I cannot see how anybody can help you here further.
Yes, I'm blunt.. But I say things as I see them. I was the first one on here tonight that mentioned it could possibly be pschological, others have given you instances of there own experiences and advice reference hiatus hernia. But you hone in on my responses, but still haven't for the 3rd time answered my question..what are you actually wanting advice on?

I'm out of here. Good luck..

I would just have liked advice on what I can expect with an HBA1C test as I have never had one done before and apart from that I wasn't looking for any specific answer, I just came on here to share my story personally. OK???

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Read your opening post. That is not what you have written, and you know it.

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Hi do you mind if I ask why you have to have one every 6 weeks? Is your stomach condition linked to diabetes?
Hi, no not Diabetes related.
They found in a routine scan for my Kidneys that I have an enlarged Spleen, and this has caused pressure to build up in my Portal vein ( Runs from Spleen to Liver).
One of the complications is that your portal vein system has veins in your Stomach and in your Oesophagus that assist with digestion. The veins in the Oesophagus are very near the surface, and can rupture if your blood pressure is not very well controlled. That would be a major problem as I could bleed severely..
To sort out the problem they medicate and actually tie off these veins with Tiny Rubber bands to get rid of them.( Like Sheeps B#%%s)
They can only do about 6-8 at a time, due to space and discomfort. After 7 to 10 days the vein dies and the new ones form deeper in the lining.
I need to have the procedure repeated until the majority of the bad veins are sorted, and then probably once a year thereafter, ive done 4 so far and The Professor that is treating me says we almost there

Sorry about the long explanation
So its something I live with like type 2, but im very positive about both, and take the attitude that its what I've been dealt and im not going to let it bother me, ill sort it out as best as I can.

Anyhow I still feel that you should have one performed, as they will really be able to see a lot and probably sort your problems out.
I was very worried about the first one or two, but now enjoy the sleep and let them get on with it.
When its over you will wonder what all the concern was about;)

Reactions: 3 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very well. I take that part back, but you still need to re-read your initial post. Nowhere does it ask about the HbA1c. You ask for any advice, and you got quite a lot of that. Most of which you haven't liked.

Do you have another gastroscope appointment, and if you do, do you intend to attend?

calumcco

Very well. I take that part back, but you still need to re-read your initial post. Nowhere does it ask about the HbA1c. You ask for any advice, and you got quite a lot of that. Most of which you haven't liked.

Do you have another gastroscope appointment, and if you do, do you intend to attend?

Thank you. I mention the HBA1C test and say "I have never had the latter" so I do mention that I am unfamiliar with this blood test. I haven't not liked any advice from anyone. I see a gastroenterologist in September and we will see what happens from there.

Like I say the only reason I am linking this retching/heaving with a pre-diabetic condition is because out of all the blood tests I have had done only the Glucose Fasting test has persistently come back with abnormal results so that that is why I am thinking that there must be some connection here?

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
I would just have liked advice on what I can expect with an HBA1C test as I have never had one done before and apart from that I wasn't looking for any specific answer, I just came on here to share my story personally. OK???
you can expect blood to be taken and receive a result a few days later. That is all any of us know.