Free Wales

pipditton

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm going to do 3 months voluntary work in Wales. Can I use my medical exemption card in Wales. Why in this United Kingdom do we have to have one rule for some and another for the others? Obviously not so United! Home rule for Norfolk!

Reactions: 2 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm going to do 3 months vo in Wluntary work in Wales. Can I use my medical exemption card in Wales. Why in this United Kingdom do we have to have one rule for some and another for the others? Obviously not so United! Home rule for Norfolk!

Nah, we up North are still at war with Norfolk over that cad Ivar the Boneless in 721 AD ;)

Seriously , as far as I'm aware, you will still be exempt from prescription charges in Wales, I can't see why you shouldn't be .Prescriptions are free in Wales, you get free prescriptions with your exemption, so I imagine it's a case of ticking boxes ? Googling may give you more info than me rambling :D

Oh, and what gives anyone the idea we are united ?;)

Signy
Kingdom of Northumbria

Reactions: 6 people
K

Kat100

Norfolk here.....and as there are no,motor ways I am now putting up,the drawbridge !!!!!:arghh::singing::spitoutdummy:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I actually thought you you had some spare sea mammals and trying to offload!

pipditton

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm going to do 3 months voluntary work in Wales. Can I use my medical exemption card in Wales. Why in this United Kingdom do we have to have one rule for some and another for the others? Obviously not so United! Home rule for Norfolk!
Hi Northumbria, I do feel sorry for you up there, lovely part of England, shame its so close to Scotland! Come back Hadrian, all is forgiven.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Pipditton thats insulting.
I am a Geordie who has lived in Scotland for 29 years and Scotland just like Northumberland is lovely.
The people are lovely too.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
i remember a Rotary Club Charter Dinnner I attended in Northumberland (I think it was Morpeth). One of the southern guests made a comment that he was in favour of rebuilding Hadrian's Wall. The boozy reply was OK, but did he realise he was north of the wall:woot:

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I think a lot of people in the north east will tell you it should be built just south of Newcastle

Reactions: 3 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
But you might find the wall dividing Geordies from Maccams!

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Mmmm lol .
Only joking all I can say is that its good to live here ( weather could be better and I can do without the midgies lol).
As a Geordie living in Scotland it does seem to.me that SOME English people take great delight in putting Scotland down and thinking they are superior to Scottish people.

Reactions: 3 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
There is such a surplus of talent in the North that I see our role as missionaries spreading the word to the South. At least this is what I tell my hubbie as he was born in Hounslow and incorrectly calls me a monkey hanger which is incorrect as I am not from Hartlepool. Apparently were all into that up there! Bloody cheek! Sorry @kat but I'm a Northern lass! All the best people are (tongue in cheek) and Scottish and Irish ancestry too although some German way back on grandfathers side. I love bagpipes!

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Pipditton thats insulting.
I am a Geordie who has lived in Scotland for 29 years and Scotland just like Northumberland is lovely.
The people are lovely too.

Of Northumbrian and Scottish Border Folk (Border Rievers) 16th C ::

" They are English when it suits them, and Scottish when they please. They obey neither King or man "

Not much changes, really ;):D

Signy

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
M hubbie also says that my accent regresses when I speak to my gran on the phone. After the call, he sits there trying to do a mock Geordie accent. I point out that family come from Durham and are not Geordies! Such ignorance! Lol!

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Northumbria, I do feel sorry for you up there, lovely part of England, shame its so close to Scotland! Come back Hadrian, all is forgiven.

LOL! Do you watch "Game of Thrones" ?:)

Well, we are North of the Wall up here, Wildlings all ;)

Thanks to Hadrian, we have some bonny stone built sheep folds :D

Signy

Talos

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfriendly people, MP's,
To get back to the OP, to qualify for free prescriptions in Wales you have to be a resident and
registered with a GP in Wales. Your card should be a UK wide card and as Wales is still part of the UK ( I think ) it is valid.