Boots diabetic chocolate

Luckydave

Wife bought me a bar of this,I know we are told to avoid "diabetic" food products but she loves me etc.so I ate some earlier now it did warn of possible laxitive effect but the flatulance produced I could of flown a kite,very embarising be warned :oops:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Lethal stuff!!Should have a government health warning on it!! :lol: :lol:

Orchid

I noticed that Boots had started selling "Diabetic Chocolate" they used to sell quite a range of stuff when I was a kid.

My grandparents and well meaning relatives used to buy loads of stuff for me and my brother (we were both diagnosed type 1 back in the 70s). Everyone used to think (including us at the time) that because it was labelled "diabetic", we could eat it freely. This wasn't (and of course still isn't) the case.

Boots stopped selling the products for quite a few years.

I was very disappointed to see they had started selling it again :x . Of course I realise that this is my personal opinion and some people may not share that opinion, I just worry about those who may be misled, especially young or people inexperienced with diabetes (as we were 30 years ago).

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
And it's not just the Boots products. Nearly all "diabetic" foods are sweetened with maltitol or sorbitol, both of which are powerful laxatives!

FindingNemo

I remember my first diabetic easter, 20 yrs ago. I was bought lots of 'Diabetic Chocolate' from both Boots and Thorntons. To be honest, its like telling a sirloin steak lover that tripe is still meat. Bleugh. That stuff makes eating peas seem palatable. (Peas are the one veg I just cannot tolerate)

Nomi

my housemate bought me a bag of nearly everything they sold in the diabetic range for xmas! the chocolate was ok if you ate only a couple of blocks. I haven't dared try any of the rest of it, like the toffees and the humbugs, i'm not sure what effect they'll have!

PRINNY

hi everyone, thorntons has that affect on me it blows me up, literally! i just have some 85% dark chocolate if i want an occasional treat and no wind! all the best, prinny

rottweilsteve

Dislikes
incorrect punctuation (see above), Otherwise dishonesty, discrimination, prejudicial behaviour. and general nastiness.
My friend's daughter and her boyfriend were so pleased with themselves when they found Thornton's diabetic chocolates, a box of which I duly received as an xmas present. I was going to quietly lose them, but the munchies hit late one evening - last time I had diarrhoea like that the hospital wanted me on the ward!

Thirsty

I think most of us have learned the hard and painful way that this stuff is not helpful if you wish to keep any bones in your body.

IanD bravely appeared on the BBC Watchdog programme just before Christmas describing his experience, but sadly the clip is no longer available.

Bubsy Malone

Dislikes
Patronising people, fish and cold callers
My mum used to get the Thorntons diabetic chocolate for her mum (type 2) and she was angling after some of the Boots stuff until I warned her of the side effects (ahem!) Now she makes do with the Thorntons diabetic fruit drops - they last ages so she only wants one at a time :D

Wow i feel bad that diabetics get the short straw when it comes to the sweet stuff i.e. chocolate but i come here with good news i have found a chocolate that diabetics can eat and can be very good for you in so many ways i would not say this if it was not true here is more info below.

Xoçai™, the Healthy
Chocolate™!
Xoçai™ products are produced with cacao that is
unfermented, sun-dried, non-roasted, non-alkalized,
non-lecithinized, and cold-pressed. Because these
processes are closely monitored, Xoçai™ delivers the
optimum amount of the antioxidants naturally found in
the cacao.
Xoçai™ products are the perfect delivery system for
the antioxidants your body needs while eliminating
almost all of the fat and sugar typically found in other
chocolate products.