Feeling down! Just a little rant!

Telgreen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
R yeah v work thing always gets in v way of diabetes ! I run high at work to hate v lows and having to stop. ! Just had both my carpal tunnels done ! They were real bad a was gettin real bad pain in fore arms as well as finger numbness ! If u only gettin finger numbness and u think u can live with it do so ! But v pain of surgery was on par with v pain I got from v carpal tunnel ! So win win ! And one week on all good back at work now ! Also just had first day of not going above 12 ! That's a real big deal for me so big f ing yes ! Good luck head up !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

kelp84

Emma
I feel like this all the time i tend to run high a lot also as I very much dislike going low!!! It isn't really a good thing to do as when I am high I feel so ugh and lethargic and down in the dumps ... I'm slowly managing to get better but I still run through good and bad days! When I'm at work and in a routine my levels are much better than at the weekends or holiday!

One thing I was thinking reading this is that you noted sweets aren't allowed on the shop floor - I'm no legal expert but I'm pretty sure employment law
Has something in it surrounding that an employer needs to make reasonable adjustments to allow for disabilities and therefore I am not sure it is right to ban you from having some anti hypo treatment with you !! Especially if by doing so they are causing you to run your levels high and put your health at risk! I'm sure you don't want to make a fuss at work but I have been through these things before and normally they are much easier to address than you first think :) I'm not preaching I just hate to see a fellow diabetic suffer :) we have it tough enough already lol

Xx

Reactions: 2 people

Emma_P23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Emma
I feel like this all the time i tend to run high a lot also as I very much dislike going low!!! It isn't really a good thing to do as when I am high I feel so ugh and lethargic and down in the dumps ... I'm slowly managing to get better but I still run through good and bad days! When I'm at work and in a routine my levels are much better than at the weekends or holiday!

One thing I was thinking reading this is that you noted sweets aren't allowed on the shop floor - I'm no legal expert but I'm pretty sure employment law
Has something in it surrounding that an employer needs to make reasonable adjustments to allow for disabilities and therefore I am not sure it is right to ban you from having some anti hypo treatment with you !! Especially if by doing so they are causing you to run your levels high and put your health at risk! I'm sure you don't want to make a fuss at work but I have been through these things before and normally they are much easier to address than you first think :) I'm not preaching I just hate to see a fellow diabetic suffer :) we have it tough enough already lol

Xx
I've spoken to them a few times but the message doesn't seem to sink in. They aren't a harsh company as they are very accommodating but the security spend more time checking staff than actually doing their job so the sweets get confiscated or I'm told to put them in my locker. Seems a bit pathetic really but I made a rod for my own back with not wanting to be treated any differently I guess lol.

HelloItsMe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So, at the beginning of this week, I was told that I have suspected carpal tunnel and a vitamin d deficiency that I'll have to take tablets for for the rest of my life. I'm suffering with bloody annoying hayfever and now I have toothache!! Argh when will it end!?!?! Hba1c is at 72% so not too good either. Does any one else suffer days where they feel everything is just getting on top of them?

I know exactly how you feel! I've been juggling type 1 that was way out of the park, major stomach problems, injections for retinopathy, thyroid issues, chronic leg pain, tooth stuff (incl. facing a huge dentist phobia) and all the while trying to stay in college and not hate everyone around me!

In truth it all kinda morphed me into an introvert. I'm still wading through a lot of it and I'm not quite back to myself yet, but I can identify with the feeling when things seem overwhelming.

So,.... Ranting is allowed! In fact, I'm an advocate. :)

Reactions: 4 people