Breakfast

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What do you guys eat for breakfast?

I'm looking for some new ideas, getting bored of marmite on toast!

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jules65

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Low carb whey protein powder, made into a pancake (one scoop powder, tsp. baking powder well mixed, add water, mix, add egg, mix, more water if necessary) pour into hot pan, 3 minutes, flip over, 1 minute - done! I serve with berries & a dollop of cream.
or
Avocado toastie: I toast 2 slices livilfe bread on one side only, on non toasted sides I add half mashed avocado, few chopped strawberries & some goats cheese & put back under the grill.

Neither take very long to make :)

Reactions: 8 people

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Eggs scrambled in butter and creamed baby spinach.

Reactions: 11 people

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been looking for a lower carb breakfast as well. As soon as I eat in the morning my levels seem to rise quickly.
This morning I had Greek Yoghurt and Blueberries which I worked out at just under 12g carbs and was rather tasty.
Always been cereal or porridge before which seems to spike me now.
No idea how the yoghurt has worked out as I have not tested again since breakfast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Some good ideas guys thanks :)

Indiana x

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've put some Special K on my shopping list :)

Indiana x

south711

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being a diabetic and finding restrictions.to life style. people who do not understand the problems one has. not being able to afford to come back to uk for holidays as often, quite expensive. miss some foods that the French do not do. but can live with that French drivers. who love to tail gate. and they love to drive over the white line. in rural areas they are a pain. but get use to it. does put the wind up you. But driving in the UK found that drivers want to get as close as they can. and the traffic. it took me 25 minutes to get to friends house which was less then a mile away. due to traffic.
I sometimes have egg on toast. and also egg bacon tomatoes mushrooms. porridge with fruit, toasted cheese. Got all this information from the forum.. I was checking thu the forum and found all the types of breakfast to have as I was only having bread and jam, did not do my bg any good. since eating these different types of breakfast bg is good.
Good luck and enjoy your food.
Anne T2

Reactions: 3 people

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks! What kinds of bread do you eat? Do you make your own?

Indiana x

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I always have the same. Full fat natural Greek yogurt with some berries thrown in. At the moment I'm on strawberries because they are so juicy. My breakfast works out at 10 carbs.

I eat Hovis 7 seeds wholemeal. I can cope with 1 slice per meal but not 2. 14 carbs a slice but quite thick and jammed full of seeds.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
6 days out of 7 I eat porridge, never seem to get sick of it and even look forward to it the night before :)

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I do love seedy bread!
And I like porridge but I get bored of it after a while.

Indiana x

Reactions: 2 people

squeezelouise400

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have a high fibre cereal, All bran, or Bran Flakes, or Malted Wheaties with a low fat fruit yogurt.
Total carbohydrate value of between 43 and 45g.

birchy66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I usually eat porridge for breakfast followed by a fruit (apple, orange, 4 x dried apricots etc.). Sometimes I eat 2 slices of Burgen soya and linseed bread with reduced sugar marmalade followed by a natural yoghurt. Occasionally I have eggs and bacon or eggs on toast with tomatoes.
My pre-lunch BG reading is almost always within 5 to 8 mmol/L although this depends on my level of activity.

smudges dad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
During the week I usually have a couple of eggs, either fried (about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon olive oil) or in an omelette. Sometimes I add cheese as well. Almost no carbs unless I have some toast as well, which is rare. Any left over meat can be added in as well, like cold sausages or sliced ham. At weekends it's more eggs, either scrambled on toast or with bacon or sausages.

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
2sausages and a poached egg 97% meat.

Reactions: 4 people