Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 today after a better night's sleep. I think stress certainly makes mine worse as I've felt shocking last few days anxiety wise and BS levels have been higher than normal for me.

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 for me, just within normal.

Went to bed on 5.3 which was surprising because I had a nasty unexpected spike of 10.4 after my evening meal.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
We've lived in Clitheroe since 1974, so almost at the point of being accepted as local. :eek: What about you?
Rossendale for 18 years so only another 40 odd and I'll be accepted as local! Met an "old boy", once, who had only been out of the valley twice: once for national service and once for a holiday in Blackpool!

Reactions: 3 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Hi Helb167, welcome. What's the context of that reading (type, meds, diet)?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 for me, just within normal.

Went to bed on 5.3 which was surprising because I had a nasty unexpected spike of 10.4 after my evening meal.
I'm assuming you retested? But, that's quite a fall between after your evening meal and bed. What deliciousness did you have to generate that spike? Can you go back in your food diary and see how you did last time you ate that food?

:pompous:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3.8 for me this morning. Very much in my range.

There seem to be a few folks with higher than usual readings at the moment.

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm assuming you retested? But, that's quite a fall between after your evening meal and bed. What deliciousness did you have to generate that spike? Can you go back in your food diary and see how you did last time you ate that food?

:pompous:

I didn't re-test the bedtime reading. The 10.4 was after 1 hour (and I did re-test that one). I dropped to 9 after 2 hours. I went to bed after 4 hours.
The meal was a deep homemade steak, kidney and diced potato pie. I didn't eat any pastry. I have had this meal previously but ate the top crust pastry, spike was 8.8 at 1hr and 7.2 at 2 hrs. It was unexpected last night because I had no pastry. I was testing to see what happened without pastry. Not good it seems! However, I may have had a larger portion last night than perhaps I should have done.

Rory lad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have been away so lax in posting. Since last post (Friday) readings have been in the high 3s with a 4.0 this morning.

Deb, have you tried a spoonful or two of coconut oil to counteract your constipation?

Reactions: 3 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Rory - don't think I could drink oil :(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Since 1960 but had a few years away 77-87. I suppose I'm local! I was only 3 when we moved here but my mum had lived here before. Grandparents are Wirral and London.

Forgot to quote you @Bluetit1802

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Rory lad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debmcgee, coconut oil is a solid, until heated to a certain temperature, so you can just spoon it from the jar - delicious. Alternatively use it for frying or incorporate it into your cooking/baked items as the 'fat' ingredient.

Coconut oil has an amazing effect on the gastric system; quiet stomach and gut and ease of bowel movements.

Ensure the coconut oil is organic, virgin and cold pressed not one of the ghastly processed types.

Rory lad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quite a high 4.6 (for me) this morning.

High winds had the tall trees thrashing the house all night which kept me awake for hours and when I finally fell asleep it was only for an hour or so here and there. Kept getting up (the old you're awake so you must need a pee syndrome).

I think my liver had me on 'high alert' in case action was required.

Status
Not open for further replies.