Can i clear something up please....

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
someone put this link up here before

http://www.dafne.uk.com/uploads/223/documents/PU04.009,%20Version%201%20-%20September%202013%20-%20Insulin%20statement.pdf
The DAFNE Executive Board has recently issued a statement clarifying current best practice regarding background insulin (BI) and DAFNE. The statement has resulted from an audit of the DAFNE Research Database which shows a statistically significant reduction in HbA1c 12 months after DAFNE occurs only in patients taking background insulin twice daily.

cuddles1985

someone put this link up here before

http://www.dafne.uk.com/uploads/223/documents/PU04.009,%20Version%201%20-%20September%202013%20-%20Insulin%20statement.pdf
The DAFNE Executive Board has recently issued a statement clarifying current best practice regarding background insulin (BI) and DAFNE. The statement has resulted from an audit of the DAFNE Research Database which shows a statistically significant reduction in HbA1c 12 months after DAFNE occurs only in patients taking background insulin twice daily.

Thanks for that, if i were to change to split doses how would i d o this? Just split what i do in two and see what heppens?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm T2 and not on insulin so I can't say how to inject, because I'm guessing.

open the question to someone who takes basal twice a day for a correct answer.

or ask your nurse about splitting it, the pumpers seem to have different basal rates depending on situation, hard work or a lounge lizard for the day

Adele99

Thanks for that, if i were to change to split doses how would i d o this? Just split what i do in two and see what heppens?

Are your blood results not good? Just wondering why if they are , you want to split your long acting.

None of the supposed background or longer acting insulins have ever worked as such with me. They're more like medium acting insulins, lasting 7 to 9 hours.

corbettc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I may be entirely wrong here and if i am then god knows what i heard when i was being told what to do.....with my lantus which was 36u but over the last tear or so ive lost 2stone and gas come down to 20u...anyways if i keep waking up during the night/early mornings low is this because my lantus needs adjusting?? Im sure i was told by my dns that if this happened to adjust lantus. I had a review at my drs surgery and the nurse who i saw - who is ment to be in the know at the surgery said that i shouldnt adjust that because im waking up low...know im confused

Hi, I'm just new to the forum. I've been type1 for 22 years. In my experience of experiencing low blood sugars in the am, I would firstly look at adjusting your fast acting insulin you take at teatime, or the fast acting you take before bed, if any. If your lows still persist then I would cut back on the lantus. Also speak with your diabetic support team, who I find more useful than General practitioners. Hope this is useful but I'm aware all diabetics are different and what works for me may not work for you. Good luck.