low carb breakfast

lindap

Hi all you helpful people. What can I eat for breakfast now I have read on this site porridge is not so good after all? I don't want to be hungry mid-morning.
Any ideas would be fantastic. I am on Lantus and Humalog and experienced for some 28 years so sort of know what I am doing.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I vary my breakfasts. I could have a slice or two of deli meat, a slice of Fergus bread with Marmite and LOADS of butter or a couple of scrambled eggs with cream. (done in the microwave). Or on mornings when I'm late for the gym, I might just grab a chunk of cheese.

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
Hi lindap.

I have bacon, eggs and mushrroms most days. today I had a lovely 2 egg omlette with cheese and it was delicious !

Buachaille

Dislikes
Blondes with small...................................
Three rashers of back bacon, handful of mixed green salad and a bundle of rocket.

CurvyPixel

I have just rediscovered they joys of boiled eggs - sometimes on their own, sometimes with rye bread soldiers (or sailors as they are in our house!). I am always on a tight schedule in the mornings & even I have time for these!
Curvy P :)

Grumpy

I thought I'd give bacon & tomatoes a go tomorrow morning...trouble is I go straight out afterwards so won't get a chance to test my BS and let you know what happens!

Bubsy Malone

Dislikes
Patronising people, fish and cold callers
My breakfast is usually yoghurt and berries (or a small handful of dried fruit if I can't get fresh)

rogbert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
winter
a great low carb breakfast consists of 2 sausages 2 eggs 2 tomatoes one tin low fat/sugar baked beans glass of sugarless banana smoothie.