Headaches

vxrich

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi All

Since Ive been on my low carb diet (last 10 days) my sugars have been excellent- between 5-6 most of the time. Well pleased! Im eating loads of fish,meat,eggs,salad,some coleslaw, veg and nuts and running 3-4 miles each day. I tend to eat low fat cottage cheese now instead of full fat cheese (even tho I love cheese) or use things like low fat Philadelphia. Dont know why but I just dont feel right eating full fat things. Maybe because Im trying to lose weight mentally I still think things like cheese etc will keep the weight on?

Even tho my sugars are spot on and I feel much better for it Im tending to get a few headaches. Not painful but just there and its raising questions in my head to whether its down to the sudden change in my diet?

Firstly, does my diet look ok even tho im not opting for full fat cheeses etc and what can be causing these headaches?

Rich

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
What were your blood sugar levels before starting to low carb? Sometimes if you drop down too quickly it can cause headaches.

Buachaille

Dislikes
Blondes with small...................................
Headaches.

Get back into the full fat cheese. I am sitting with the picante Gorgonzola with a large glass of deep red. No headaches - ever.

That apart, can anyone explain why if women are so good at multi tasking they cannot have a headache and sex at the same time?

vxrich

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi guys

my sugars werent too bad before- normally between 6.5 -8 so I suppose they are alot better. Even tho I love cheese i still dont understand how the fats in it can aid in weight loss and be good for you and not clog arteries etc :? Please explain!!!! Apart from the fat thing does the rest of my diet look ok?

Buachaille

Dislikes
Blondes with small...................................
I made a choice of cheese rather than milk.

Diet looks Ok. But what was the starting and current weights?

Worth checking the blood pressure.

vxrich

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was 14st 11 at the beginning of last week. Weighed myself today and Im 14st 5 so the weight is def coming off steadily.

chocoholic

That apart, can anyone explain why if women are so good at multi tasking they cannot have a headache and sex at the same time?

:lol: :lol:

Best we don't go into the ins and outs of that one!! :oops:

Sorry, not like me to be rude. Had to laugh at hubby this morning. Just after he got up, he couldn't seem to speak properly. His words were all muddled up. I, concerned, said "Oh dear, you haven't had a stroke in the night, have you?" His reply....."I tried but you wouldn't let me!" :lol:
After nearly 30 years of marriage, my hubby and I still make each other laugh.

dippydeedi

Dislikes
Bad manors, exercising, not being able to eat what i want, being skint, getting up.
That reminded me of the two old ladies sitting on the park bench when a streaker ran by. One had a stroke, the other couldn't reach. :lol:

Trinkwasser

True story, my mother was out for a walk in the park where we used to live. She saw someone standing by some bushes

"Good afternoon!" she said

"I'm holding my p*nis!" he said

Quick as a flash "Oh are you, I hadn't noticed!"

Seriously though there's a fairly well known phenomenon they call "Atkins flu" which results from your body adjusting to its new diet and no longer requiring high levels of glucose and insulin to function. This is usually temporary until you become accustomed to the new levels and utilising ketones for fuel.

OTOH it could be coincidence, nothing says you can't catch a cold, sinus infection, etc. at the same time (don't kiss any turkeys!)