bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
Hi,

I have never gone low carb before, and would appreciate a bit of advice please.
My meals yesterday were ;
Breakfast ..... 2 egg cheese omlette.
lunch....... 4 cream crackers and cheese ( about 30zs)
dinner ...... 3 rashers of bacom, 2 sausages and an egg.
In between I had 8 almonds.
I drank loads of water and had 3 cups ot tea.

What do you think abput the Atkinson bars? they are between 10 and 12 grams of barbs.

Thanks
Bernie :) :) :) :)

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Menu looks good Bernie,
I would add in vegetables as well though to get the nutrients in them.How did you feel after all that? Did you feel well fed and satisfied or were you still hungry? Test before and two hours after your meal to see what effect the meal has had on you.If your Bg levels are OK then you have got that meal right.Try adding more veg.and fruit if you can eat it without spiking your levels.
I don't know about Atkins bars,never feel the need for one! :D
Keep a food diary recording your meals,levels and how you feel and after a week you will begin to see what you can and can't eat.

sixfoot

Bernie menu looks ok .......... but definitly get some veg in there as sue says. If you arent keen about veg try Coleslaw or Cheri toms + Cucumber lettuce etc.

Dave P

sandiegirl

Hi,
Just a quick question regarding the cream crackers - in my collins carb counter it says that each cream cracker has a carb content of 0.7g, but when I checked on the packet it says its 5.4g - does anyone know which is the correct one?
Thanks,
Sandie

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
Hi all,

i hope the collins book is correct!!!!

I do try to eat veg, today i will be having pork chops and cauli and green beans. I love a bit of salad some days some days not.
thank you all for your replies, much appreciated.

Bernie

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
Thanks for the link Trinkwasser, it was really helpful.
Bernie

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
sandiegirl said:
Just a quick question regarding the cream crackers - in my collins carb counter it says that each cream cracker has a carb content of 0.7g, but when I checked on the packet it says its 5.4g - does anyone know which is the correct one?
Hi Sandie,

I think you'll find the figure on the packet is per 100g, or per "typical serving", not per cracker.

sandiegirl

Thanks Dennis - guess whats on my shopping list tonight??? I adore cream crackers and had left them out since low-carbing, but now can have a couple with a lovely wedge of cambozola on top for tea tonight!
Cheers,
Sandie

Doczoc

Which cream crackers are these? Jacobs are 5.4 per cracker or 60 odd grams per 100g, at least according to the packet? I think the Collins Gem has got it badly wrong here.

caitycakes1

I love the atkins bars. The ones I buy are between 2g and 3.5g cho. I also use the Go Lower bars. They taste fab and have very little effect on my BG levels. Great for a snack at work! I also buy the macaroons from low carb megastore. They are 0g cho and I love em.

Caitycakes x