Advice for going abroad please.

bopeep12300

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone. I'm going on holiday to Greece in about a fortnight & would like some advice please if you don't mind. I have a few questions but if there's anything else you think may help then please go ahead & tell me. Ok, I'm type 2 on Metformin. This will be my first holiday since diagnosed last year. I have a 4 hour flight but also lots of waiting around at very unsocial hours at airport. Also about an hour transfer to hotel at other side. I'm concerned about what food I'm allowed to take with me. What should I take for snacks whilst waiting? What drinks & how much am I allowed to take on board? I've applied for the ehic card, told insurance about diabetes, have a warning card plus medical alert wristband. I've ordered enough meds with extra to take.
I think it's mainly the food situation whilst travelling really, which is my main concern. I really would be very greatful for every piece of advice you can give me. Thank you everyone x

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
Hi Bopeep, my advice is to eat is you would normally do I always purchase snacks at the airport, but this is up to you. After all it is just a normal day . Enjoy your holiday and have a fab time xx.

Sancho panza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Bopeep
I'm a type 2 on the same dose of Metformin as you and have just returned from a break in Spain.
I think Bernie's advice is spot on, you seem to have all the bases covered so don't worry about the diabetes too much have a great time and don't let small worries spoil your Holliday .