Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmandaAnne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I hate abuse of any kind to humans or animals. I dislike judgmental people and people who are generally unkind, inconsiderate and have problems understanding the issues faced by others. I hate snakes!!! Cringe if I smell TCP!! and I cannot bare garlic!!
8.9 ...........too high this morning, but due to my hypo on Saturday night, I was a wee bit scared, so I did eat 2 slices of toast before going to bed, not a good thing to do I don't think!

Will try for better tomorrow.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 this morning, which is in my range. I went to bed at 3.6, so my good old liver has had some exercise. It's good to keep the stocks fresh. :)

Reactions: 2 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm up early this morning. Reports to write.

11pm 5.8, a little higher than usual. I hadn't taken much thought to what I had eaten yesterday I.e. I had eggs at every meal as well as cheese! I hadn't used all my calorie allowance either. I have read what people here have said about protein so I decided to have a bit of a chocolate fest! I was in a mood! I ate 35g of 85% chocolate, total 12 carbs (just on my 50g limit). Went to bed with interest!

Got up at 5am to tackle reports. Reading was 5.2. I've now had my breakfast and I'm ready to work!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a good day!

X

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OMG!!

Ding ding ding jackpot!!

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.5 this morning, but stressed and didn't get much sleep so not surprised.

AmandaAnne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I hate abuse of any kind to humans or animals. I dislike judgmental people and people who are generally unkind, inconsiderate and have problems understanding the issues faced by others. I hate snakes!!! Cringe if I smell TCP!! and I cannot bare garlic!!
7.2 this morning, better than yesterday so I'm happy with that. :)

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not happy........not eaten since 9pm last night when I had two digestive (6g carb each), I hadn't had weetabix yesterday morning, had Greek yoghurt instead so thought it be ok, just tested at 9am- 10.1!!! Yesterday I was 7.2 2 hours post meal of prawns, cue, cream cheese!! I was up three times in the night to pee??? Now today I feel less positive than yesterday !!

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Don't panic Kim, your body (your liver especially) will take time to adjust to the new regime. Probably your liver dumping glucose because it was expecting the body to be provided with fuel earlier and didn't get any.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't panic Kim, your body (your liver especially) will take time to adjust to the new regime. Probably your liver dumping glucose because it was expecting the body to be provided with fuel earlier and didn't get any.
Thank you rod!! Is it actually better not to go without for long periods?.I've also had no meds since last Fri when told to stop the metformin, got a new script to collect today for dapagliflozin though

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you rod!! Is it actually better not to go without for long periods?.I've also had no meds since last Fri when told to stop the metformin, got a new script to collect today for dapagliflozin though

Have you read on here about Dawn Phenomenon, Kim? Liver normally kicks out glucose just before you wake up in preparation for all that hunting and gathering thing, affects many on here. It can be exacerbated if you don't have the breakfast it has got used to at the time it expects! In general I find that not eating for long periods during the day can also cause the liver to think the body is being starved so it chucks some more out. I'm trying a pattern of eating four (mostly small at lunch and afternoon) meals a day to provide a more even spread of glucose, then knocking it off with some exercise an hour or so later.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have only been testing since Saturday when I got my meter, had a couple of 7.7 - this morning just shocked me and I can only think of the digestive! If I was working at 9 am I would have eaten 7.30am, I'm not in until 2pm so having a brunch around 11am guess there will be good and bad days ahead. I did read about the dawn phenomenon.......something else to think about !

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Kimbo - I don't want to sound harsh, but have you thought about cutting out the biscuits? Not only are they full of sugar but everything else is mainly carbs. If you want to reduce your BG then the first step surely is to drastically cut carbs to stabilise BG then slowly reintroduce carby stuff and test want doesn't have too much of a spike?

Reactions: 4 people

Raspin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5, seems pretty consistent wtr i eat the day before.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Kimbo - I don't want to sound harsh, but have you thought about cutting out the biscuits? Not only are they full of sugar but everything else is mainly carbs. If you want to reduce your BG then the first step surely is to drastically cut carbs to stabilise BG then slowly reintroduce carby stuff and test want doesn't have too much of a spike?

I have been doing lchf- less than 50gm per day carb, some days even less!! Maybe it's the combination of a couple biscuits, no meds for 4 days.......

Last edited by a moderator:

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been doing lchf- less than 50gmail a day carb, some days even less!! Maybe it's the combination of a couple biscuits, no meds for 4 days.......
One hour after eating and I'm down to 8.8!!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7- really restless night from 3 am then eventually got up and ate breakfast really late which has thrown BS this morning- no rise post prandial but still stuck at 6.7. They have been a bit higher this last week since my trip to A and E so maybe stress, heat or just different batch of strips. Also I had started chunking exercise into fewer longer chunks which maybe lifting it as I tend to eat, wait an hour, exercise then be testing for the post two hours. Will maybe go back to ten minute chunks 4 times a day.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One hour after eating and I'm down to 8.8!!
Kimbo - with only 3 days of data, I don't think you can really draw too many conclusions from your readings at present, except to say that the lower the better for now. I am assuming you are keeping a complete food diary, along with your blood data? In other words, if you wanted know know what you have for dinner on Sunday, say, you could find it in your records (as opposed to your memory)? These dual records will be very valuable as you move forward. There is no way you can so this effectively, by memory.

If low carb is your chosen route for your diabetes, do it to the best of your ability, and test, for at least a week, before trying to come to any conclusions. I would tend to echo comments on the biscuits though. As you are trying for low carb(c50g per day), biscuits strike me as an expensive (in terms of carbs and cals) way of eating. If you can do without frankly sweet things for a while, you will want them less, and sweet things could begin to taste very sweet. Personally, I haven't had a sweet biscuit, cake, ice cream or sweetened yoghurt since October, and I'm not too fussed really. I do appreciate we're all different.

It will be interesting to see how things go with your new meds.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 for me today. In my personal range.

Last night, we were both shattered after a very heavy day, physically, and neither of us wanted to cook. So, off we went to the local burger joint. This was only our second time eating there and only remembered it was a bit disappointing when our food arrived. The burgers had lots of additives/husk, which is unusual here, and the chips (I stole a few from Mr B's plate) were stringy, like McDs. Oh well, we needn't go back for a third time.

Pre reading was 3.7, mid liver dump (I can always feel it happen, but don't know if the 3.7 was on the way down or the way up), and 4.5 after. 0.5 pre/post is an acceptable rise, although I'm usually pretty much flat by the 2 hour mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.