fatigue

footycat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone
I have been diagnosed about 6 months and went straight onto insulin/metformin. Have struggled with the metformin and have been advised to stop it for one month to see if the stomach upsets I have been suffering are related to the medication. However my bloods are high and I am absolutely knackered - barely functioning. Has anyone got any advice? Thank you

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Hi
I think you should go back to your Doctor.

Reactions: 3 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
All you can do is stick with the program and ask your nurse/doc if your insulin needs reviewed/increased. I had the dreadful fatigue and tiredness along with all the usual stuff of thirst, hunger and peeing all the time. The only stuff I've really adjusted is my diet and have lost weight and symptoms are not so prominent lately. I still take a lot of insulin now and my HbA1c levels are high but coming down from 112 mmol/mol. Keep your spirits up, it will get better given time and I know it can be really frustrating.

Reactions: 3 people

corbettc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone
I have been diagnosed about 6 months and went straight onto insulin/metformin. Have struggled with the metformin and have been advised to stop it for one month to see if the stomach upsets I have been suffering are related to the medication. However my bloods are high and I am absolutely knackered - barely functioning. Has anyone got any advice? Thank you
Hi Footycat,
I can understand why you feel lethargic when your readings are so high.

This is normal. I would def go back to your doc or diabetic support team for a review, and I would ask them about correction doses if you haven't already been advised about them.

This can help you have more autonomy with your condition as it allows you to give yourself insulin when you are running high. This means you don't have to suffer the horrible feelings that persist with high readings, and also benefits you in attempting to avoid any complications in the future by having more suitable readings.

However don't despair and keep asking questions and, to be blunt, keep pestering your diabetic team for answers about anything you feel is not right. That's what they are there for, and its entirely up to you to educate yourself as much as you can about diabetes because it is unbelievably complex and the more aware you are of the condition, the more confident you will become with dealing with it.

Good luck.

Reactions: 5 people

ADILzaidi

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Footycat,
I can understand why you feel lethargic when your readings are so high.

This is normal. I would def go back to your doc or diabetic support team for a review, and I would ask them about correction doses if you haven't already been advised about them.

This can help you have more autonomy with your condition as it allows you to give yourself insulin when you are running high. This means you don't have to suffer the horrible feelings that persist with high readings, and also benefits you in attempting to avoid any complications in the future by having more suitable readings.

However don't despair and keep asking questions and, to be blunt, keep pestering your diabetic team for answers about anything you feel is not right. That's what they are there for, and its entirely up to you to educate yourself as much as you can about diabetes because it is unbelievably complex and the more aware you are of the condition, the more confident you will become with dealing with it.

Good luck.

Hi
This is adil from Karachi & I am an Analyst. Solution of related to your sugar level is to control your sugar by Diet without Medications because it has a worse side effects. This is proved by "American Doctors Association". Don't panic this really easy and I have been applied on Type 2 Diabetic patients. the blood monitoring will show you that I am right. Change your Diet: Take only what i am saying.
1. Black Chickpeas 1 Plates at Break fast
2. An Small apple at 11:30 am
3. whole wheat bread with green vegetable boiled (don't use red chilli. only black paper)
4. Black chickpeas again at evening 6:00 pm
Avoid every type of cooking oil and banaspati. and avoid every type of Healthy and unhealthy oils i.e. nuts, almonds, dairy products(except skimmed milk) etc. if you have any Question? feel free to ask me. 100% I will prove you by practical that how Diabetes Type 2 can be removed easily by changing Diet Plan permanently and life style.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Hi
This is adil from Karachi & I am an Analyst. Solution of related to your sugar level is to control your sugar by Diet without Medications because it has a worse side effects. This is proved by "American Doctors Association". Don't panic this really easy and I have been applied on Type 2 Diabetic patients. the blood monitoring will show you that I am right. Change your Diet: Take only what i am saying.
3. whole wheat bread with green vegetable boiled (don't use red chilli. only black paper)
Avoid every type of cooking oil and banaspati. and avoid every type of Healthy and unhealthy oils i.e. nuts, almonds, dairy products(except skimmed milk) etc. if you have any Question? feel free to ask me. 100% I will prove you by practical that how Diabetes Type 2 can be removed easily by changing Diet Plan permanently and life style.
The OP has type 1 diabetes. Your post is inappropriate at best.

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Hi

What the heck? Even for a type 2!! Wow, black chickpeas for rest of life for breakfast!! -can't wait-(tongue in cheek)

Go back to GP or consultant, ask for dafne course, the quantity of insulin you can take isn't limited... You don't say your doses or what regime you are on, so if you are still running high levels, then you must get help from your healthcare professionals to help you lower them.

There is the standard insulin that most diabetics are put on, but I believe there is an insulin (not sure of details) that is "stronger" for people needing high doses....

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 5 people

woodlands

Hi everyone
l have been on met and 18 lainctus, met for 2 yrs now 2x500 twice a day and still have stomach upset been cutting carbs and bs came down and lost some weight. l find l am really tired as well, l just fall off to sleep if l sit down

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I hate Metformin, that stuff messed me up big time....and I've had more than half my colon removed in 3 operations. Nuff said lol