Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
mine was 10.9 this morning, which wass lower than yesterday, im new to type 2 diabetes and struggling, confused etc, dont no how to bring my sugar levels down.:-(

Hi, welcome. Don't panic, it's confusing and upsetting for virtually everyone at first. Are you on medication? What is your typical diet?

If you post on the introductions page, you will get a reply with lots of useful basic information (or sneak a peak at someone else's! ;)).

Meanwhile have a look at www.dietdoctor.com/lchf - many T2s follow this and it has helped enormously.

Reactions: 2 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well........2hrs post lunch and I just got a 6 spot on!! Ten days of lchf and second day of 1 dapagliflozin 10mg per day - get me!!
Now bedtime and im 6.6 - love seeing the 6's!!

Last edited by a moderator:

kazw960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, welcome. Don't panic, it's confusing and upsetting for virtually everyone at first. Are you on medication? What is your typical diet?

If you post on the introductions page, you will get a reply with lots of useful basic information (or sneak a peak at someone else's! ;)).

Meanwhile have a look at www.dietdoctor.com/lchf - many T2s follow this and it has helped enormously.
Thank you, I am on medication Metformin and Saxagliptin, also statins typical diet now mainly salads chicken this is where i am struggling as i have for many years lol new to this site so dont quite no how it works.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Still in the dark depths of report writing! Terrible sleep patterns and I feel exhausted. Bgs up, but mainly through lack of sleep as I've stuck to my LCHF diet rigidly. No more than 50g carbs. I'm not testing much because I've almost run out of strips and haven't had time to order more. That's a good thing because I think I was doing too much.

Last night 6.4 before bed. 5.9 this morning, at 0345, after a fitful sleep. Just had breakfast so back to the grindstone. :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not long til the summer hols. Poor teachers get a hard time. Hang in there xx

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yay.......5.3 !! Two weeks today since diagnosed, day 11 of lchf, 3rd day of new meds.......I'm smiling this morning!!

Reactions: 8 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am not understanding how the hot drinks are affecting some of you. I have drunk decaf tea and coffee for years and if I drink either now ( 1 sweetener in a coffee, no sugar in tea), it barely touches my BG. Maybe decaffeinated is the answer? Can a tiny bit of milk really raise BG enough to be bothered by it? It doesn't seem to affect me. I couldn't drink a lot of water and maybe have a pint a day. It's just too....boring! Do any of you drink sugar free sodas?
The caffeine causes some peoples blood glucose to rise substantially. Seems to do nothing to me but I have lived on copious amounts of the stuff my whole life

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 for me!!

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 8 people

SJC

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diets!
In the 4s every morning for months. Think I am wasting strips doing a fbg.

Reactions: 6 people

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.6 this morning, just to prove my theory wrong. A bit on the high side but waking up with a nose bleed an hour before I got up probably confused my liver, either that or I am coming down with the cold that seems to be doing the rounds.

Reactions: 4 people

Raspin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 this morning.
4.7 pre-meal last night, 5.7 two hours later. More 4s please god of finger pricking.

Reactions: 7 people

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 is my new norm due to 0.8mmol hike in average values using this newest batch of 100 freestyle lite sticks

AmandaAnne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I hate abuse of any kind to humans or animals. I dislike judgmental people and people who are generally unkind, inconsiderate and have problems understanding the issues faced by others. I hate snakes!!! Cringe if I smell TCP!! and I cannot bare garlic!!
7.4 this morning.
I think I'm having liver dumps?
Last night before bed I was at 5.5, nothing eaten during the night, only a cup of tea with no sugar?

AmandaAnne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I hate abuse of any kind to humans or animals. I dislike judgmental people and people who are generally unkind, inconsiderate and have problems understanding the issues faced by others. I hate snakes!!! Cringe if I smell TCP!! and I cannot bare garlic!!
Yay.......5.3 !! Two weeks today since diagnosed, day 11 of lchf, 3rd day of new meds.......I'm smiling this morning!!

Well done kimbo! I think you're doing great. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.