Fish

Buachaille

Dislikes
Blondes with small...................................
I shallow fry white fish, not battered, but dressed with an egg coating and breadcrumbs, in vegetable oil but make sure that it is drained on kitchen paper before serving. Oil is discarded after use. I deep fry white fish and squids with a light batter made with a small amount of flour and chilled beer. You get a very translucent crisp batter.

Worth looking at using Ghee or vegetable Ghee for frying fish as it has a very high cooking temperature and gives very good 'seal' on the batter or breadcrumbs; very crisp results with little chance of a 'greasy' result. Ghee does, however, have a taste of its own (and its the best thing for popadoms or oiling the girdle for chapatis).

If shallow frying its worth getting a heavy cast iron pan. You need to 'prove' the pan in the oven with a coating of oil before use but its well worth it as the pan holds great heat. Once used simply tip out the residual oil and wipe with a kitchen towel. Twenty-five years on my cast iron frying pan has never been washed!

White fish is also excellent if microwaved with either a little lemon or lime juice and/or dry white wine.

Rach79

Dislikes
Poverty, violence, manipulative or materialistic people and too much bad weather such as wind and rain.
Mmmmm sounds yummy :D However I think ghee is very fattening so best taken in moderation. It's ok to have vegetable oil once in a while but apparantly extra virgin olive oil is better. Ghee isn't something I've tried but am willing to give it a go.

Rach :mrgreen: