A little help please!!

akelarules

Hi

I'm in a bit of a confused state and need some advice.

In December I had a fasting blood test done to check my cholesterol levels (have had very high readings for a while) anyway it came back with a blood glucose level of 6.7. My Doctor siad it was nothing to worry about but last week whilst having my smear test done, the paractise nurse, who is also the paractise diabetic nurse noticed the results and immediately said she wanted more fasting tests and glucose tolerance tests run. (Having those tomorrow!) My dad lent me his spare blood testing monitor and i've been testing my blood at home, the results vary between 7.8 some mornings and 11 yesterday morning, my dad reckons I've got a problem - I just wanted to hear from others whether they agree with him.

Ta

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Those numbers are a little highNormal (non-diabetic) ius usiually around 5 with not much variation.
Still you are getting checked out. I'm impressed with that nurse. She could be saving you a whole lot of trouble.

akelarules

Hey thanks for that

Had a chat with dad last night and found out that his mum and dad were both diabetics as was his maternal grandmother so I guess I'm about to join the club!!

K :roll:

akelarules

Hey!!

Trying to get my head round diet stuff just now! For years I've followed a low fat high carb diet after being diagnosed with a "polyp" in the base of my stomach lining, I rarely drink alchol, only have skimmed milk and never have sugar in tea or anything else. As I'm on diuretics and statins I avoid caffeine and grapefruit. I'm also asthamtic so take ventolin and qvar daily and find that citrus fruits bring on attacks.

Not really sure to eat for the best

K :shock:

PRINNY

hi akelarules,my nan and mum both had diabetes so it was no surprise when i was diagnosed 4 years ago, i have started following the low carb method and it is working, my sugar levels are down and i am losing weight, there is lots of help on the forum so if it turns out that you have got diabetes help is at hand, all the best, prinny.