Adhesive remover..

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am covered in circle sticky patches all over my stomach and finding them difficult to get off. Taking the sticky and cannula out sometimes stings (only the sticky not the needle).

Does anyone have any tips/products?
Tried lift plus and skin safe, neither very good. The skins safe made the sticky patch totally unstickable!

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
Have you spoken to Roche?

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Zoff adhesive remover wipes, apply to cannula before removing, comes off nice and easy. In most pharmacies but probably cheaper on net.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No not spoken to Roche but my hospital advised these products, ill go online and have a look thankyou

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Do contact your customer care at Roche - they may have a product that they can send you as part of the pump support package (that helps with cannula removal), or they may have another range of cannula that's easier to remove.

iHs

Not sure on this, but I dont think Accu chek supply adhesive remover.
If Liftplus doesnt work, there are others.......Bravo, Apeel You do have to give the adhesive a good spray first before easing the set away from the skin......it wont just come off.
Babyoil will work but you have to be careful to insert the next set away from where the babyoil has been

ealingr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you can't wait for the pump supply company to assist, Boots do a decent adhesive/plaster remover spray, too. I think it is on the shelf with their plasters, etc in store.

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
You do have to give the adhesive a good spray first before easing the set away from the skin......it wont just come off.
Babyoil will work but you have to be careful to insert the next set away from where the babyoil has been

You've highlighted an interesting point here @iHs ...

@K8tie_x said:
"Tried lift plus and skin safe, neither very good. The skins safe made the sticky patch totally unstickable!"

Which makes me wonder: are you removing your old cannula first before inserting the new one? And are you then using the same side / general area?

Personally - after numerous bad experiences with cannula change problems, I insert the new cannula in the morning of the day I need to change and start using it straightaway, but I leave the old one in just in case the new one doesn't 'register'.

If you take that approach, then - providing the new cannula is working fine - you could even use Olive Oil, White Spirit or Sticky Stuff and it wouldn't interfere with inserting the next cannula there as there'll be a couple of days between removal and new insertion.

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I tend to use completely different sites and always put the new cannula in before removing the old one just incase. Once it's started though I take the old one out.
I can't believe how bad the skin safe was the sticky on the cannula wouldn't stick at all has anyone else used this product successfully (it's the one that you spray on and get a protective film that is supposed to be non sting, not the adhesive remover)

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
I use Zoff, works a treat. Although I buy mine from Ebay.