Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

Omar101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance, laziness.
In March mine was about 15% - a lot of focus and in May was 5.1% :)
Hard to see how this is possible with red blood cells having a lifetime of about 3-4 months, hope you didn't get there with too many lows. In anycase good job! thats the kind of hba1c I love to see!

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hard to see how this is possible with red blood cells having a lifetime of about 3-4 months, hope you didn't get there with too many lows. In anycase good job! thats the kind of hba1c I love to see!
It's not a linear function, it's a log decay function over about 90 days.

Reactions: 4 people

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Reactions: 2 people

Diddly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Check up today. 43 in new money. Thats the 3rd in a row in the low 40s.

t1
Diagnosed 14/02/2013
44 years old
basal/bolus

Reactions: 2 people

onchy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Re: What are your H test results?

Hi Darren. By H results, I assume you mean HbA1c? This is one of the key tests and looks at your average blood sugars over 3 months (sort of anyway!) Without wanting to sound picky, this test is measured as a %, NOT in mmol so I wonder if you're getting mixed up? The mmol tests are the one-off blood sugar tests we can do on our meters. It's worth clarifying your results so you can compare properly with other tests in the future and see how you're getting on. My Hba!c was 8.2 when I was diagnosed, but fortuinately down to 5.9 when I was tested 4 months later.
Good luck!
and being diagnosed T1 for a few years now my last few results have been 42, 40, 37 and most recent was 35

sherylfox

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
liver .lol
all these great figures my daughters is always between 99 and 119 we cant get it down at all every time we go its gone up :(

Lottie89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I first got diagnosed in may it was 84mmol, 3 months on and I'm now 45mmol. So unbelievably happy :D it's proof to me that all this hard work I'm putting in is actually paying off! X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Khanh Nam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have to go for the Lab test this week. My meter seem to report wrong figures. It is around 12 everytime I checked.