"Sweet dreams"

sugar-monsters

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I've notice there r a lot of people on here talk about setting alarms and checking their kids levels during the night, my little girls 4 and is diagnosed 6months now and Althou I hav done it before during the night I could count on one hand how often this has happened should this b sumting I should do as a rule? I tend to check her b4 bed at 7 she is usuali in and round 5-9 she then would hav super off under 20 carb snack (no insulin)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

dizzydoll

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I check during night depending on bedtime check or if shes been waking up too low or high. If she was on the lower side of target i would give supper and check few hours later just to be sure ok. If she was around 7/8 i'd be happy and not check again. If she was high like last night (17.9 for no obvious reason!!!) I would correct and check 3 hours later to ensure she had't dropped too low. We're asked to do a 3am check every fortnight or so just to check whats going on overnight. Hope that helps

sugar-monsters

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Ye thanks I mite start to do that every couple of weeks jus to c , if she wakes r is at the toilet during night I would check2 but didn't do it religiously jus heard a lot of parents sayin bout checkin every night and was startin to panic tanks ;)

sugar-monsters

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Ano ya feel such a space invader as if your nat hangin of their finger enough alday lol my little girl sleeps threw them wen we ever hav felt the need to do a check I tink they jus get so used wit it ! Bless :(

Reactions: 2 people

sugar-monsters

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Glad to hear this a lot of people I hear chatting talk about alarms to get up during the nite I was starting to feel bad :s

Shell1

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
I check before I go bed 11ish and at 4 every night as I wouldn't go 8 hours in the day without checking I feel the same at night esp since my daughters been on the pump .most of the time her bloods are fine but occasional higher over 10 and I don't like her reading like that for any amount of time .the long term damage scares me

Valaraki

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
We were only told to check my son during the night for the first week when he was diagnosed.
He was only diagnosed 5 weeks ago and the diabetic team were happy with the readings so told us not to bother now, unless he is unwell.

Shell1

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
It's everyone's personal choice I'm just over anxious and can't sleep worrying about it .chloes been diagnosed over a year now and been on a pump since feb I check more now on the pump incase it gets blocked and she's getting no insulin