Bread for meals

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
well im doing it tomorrow so we can call whatever that day is called fried bread day

Sounds like a plan!:) dianagrace and thisis too difficult I'm definitely trying this...yes, I've been curious if we can have a mini-one meal break per week (of course without going too crazy on the carbs). Thanks!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Test it with your meter. I buy Hovis Wholemeal 7 seeds, freeze it, and just take out a slice at a time. I can manage one slice with butter with a meal, either as bread or toasted. It doesn't do much to my BS levels. It has 14 carbs per slice and is quite thick, filling, and heavily seeded, loads of protein and fibre in it, too. I also can manage one slice of garlic bread (the thin crusty sort). Use your meter as we are all different.
thank you bluetit1802! Yes I've noticed that with white bread I spike so I have to be careful. Good to hear about the hovis whole meal and I do loove garlic bread...hope we can stretch it to garlic bread WITH pasta but I guess that's aiming for the moon lol.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You can get the same effect as fried bread by using lashings of butter. :smug:

I sometimes have 1 slice Livlife toast with two eggs, fried in butter.

I just use a chunk of butter the same quantity that I would have spread on the bread, fry the eggs in it, then tip the butter over the bread on the plate.

Total control of the amount of butter then. :smug:

Last edited by a moderator:

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
I can eat one and a half slices of wholemeal from a 400g loaf. Usually with a poached egg.

Malcolm1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone know of Lc bread recipe for bread machines, I find my Bs sky rockets if I eat wholemeal or granary breads

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Anyone know of Lc bread recipe for bread machines, I find my Bs sky rockets if I eat wholemeal or granary breads
I have tried many. Replace wheat with barley gram and soy flours. I have added gluten to help the rising process. They have only been partially successful.

jim1951

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haven't had fried bread for years, always thought it was bad for you but now discovering it is good for you!

jim

Reactions: 2 people