Adamadam

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
brett said
Rather than add to the confusion you are causing on a previous thread I thought id post here

Brett said earlier
'and what is insulin mainly used for? Oh, carbs mainly'

Adamadam said
This sentence is completely untrue and implies that everyone eats a high carb diet aswell as complete ignorance that protein does raise blood sugar. I and my diabetic friend are both type 1's most of our insulin covers the protein portion of our meal. If I decided take out the protein out and eat just the veg I only need to inject about 1.5 units compared 9 units. So in my case I don't use insulin 'mainly' to cover my carbs.

Brett said
basal aside, qa insulin IS used to cover mainly carbs, did not state ONLY carbs! , neither did.i imply everyone ate large quantities of carbs, actually didn't imply any sort of carb quantities.

Brett said earlier
'If they reduce their carb intake to a suitable amount for them therefore reduce their insulin , thats bad is it. '

Adamadam said
Please re-read my post, I actual encouraged a low carb diet and small doses of insulin, this reflects really how much you misread not only my post but the original question.

Brett said
I've not misread your posts, simply responded to you misreading/misquoting mine.

Brett said
'To add the op hasn't stated a typical days food their child has,'

Adamadam said
This is completely irrelevant question because the Poster hasn't asked for their sons diet plan to be scrutinised, the poster has made it quite clear that a diet needs to be suggested for his treatment- in others words which macro-nutrients (Carb, Protein, Fat) should make up for most of what he eats.

Brett said
Not even going to respond to that!

Adamadam said
Of course your entitled to your own opinion, no one said you couldn't.

Brett said
Yes I am

Adamadam said
but to give statements without proof really adds more to the confusion.

Brett said
Ive not given any statements without proof but seems you have a grievance towards me for having an opinion different to yours!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sorry Brett but who saying what in the above :confused:

crunchieice

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You know, everyone has their own way of managing their diabetes, and what works for one person does not necessarily work for another....it's not an exact science and never will be.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App