Improve your HbA1c in 3 minutes

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
HIIT has been shown to have significant benefits for the untrained vs doing nothing at all, but not much effect for the already trained vs doing what they were already doing.

I'm out. I'll stick to my already structured plan.

Reactions: 2 people

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
HIIT has been shown to have significant benefits for the untrained vs doing nothing at all, but not much effect for the already trained vs doing what they were already doing.

And even on a stationary bike he's away in the distance ...

lol

Reactions: 6 people

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.

What's all this 'untrained' ? You make us sound like bad dogs.

I'd say Previously-Elite-Athletes-Who've-Been-Having-A-Bit-Of-A-Rest thank you very much...

Reactions: 10 people

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What's all this 'untrained' ? You make us sound like bad dogs.

I'd say Previously-Elite-Athletes-Who've-Been-Having-A-Bit-Of-A-Rest thank you very much...
Detrained perhaps,

Or formerly injured and not quite made their comeback yet

Or on an extended rest cycle

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4 x 15 each side eccentric calf raises
2 x 15 each side single leg squats
foam roller
achilles improving

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That's today's staircase challenge done. How are other people doing?

Hey Desi!

Well, I've done 3 x 2 minutes stepping on the cross trainer for the past two days. (Am I the only one who doesn't enjoy exercise one little bit?) So, tomorrow I've promised myself half hour swimming (aka splashing about trying not to drown). So, I'm on track for the next olympics! Not sure if I'm quite adding much to Dillinger's experiment though!

Smidge

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did my 5min on the bike yesterday and disappointed it didn't do anything for my bg.

Will have a go later.

It'd be better in the morning, but I just can't face it first thing and then getting sweaty and stuff before work - I'm stinky enough :)

(p.s. actually the stink has gone - yay)

desidiabulum

Hey Desi!

Well, I've done 3 x 2 minutes stepping on the cross trainer for the past two days. (Am I the only one who doesn't enjoy exercise one little bit?) So, tomorrow I've promised myself half hour swimming (aka splashing about trying not to drown). So, I'm on track for the next olympics! Not sure if I'm quite adding much to Dillinger's experiment though!

Smidge
Hi Smidge -- how did the swimming go? I agree that exercise is deeply boring -- that is why God created ipods. Diabetic Olympics is a nice idea -- synchronised insulin injections?

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
Did my 5min on the bike yesterday and disappointed it didn't do anything for my bg.

Are you sprinting though? That's the key; hard as you can for 20 seconds. It might take a while to start affecting blood sugar levels.

Best

Dillinger

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
I was doing the plank this morning when my 3 year old thought it would be fun to lie on my back. Laughing, whilst doing a plank with 15 kilos of toddler on your back is a pretty great enhancement to this exercise I must say :)

What I like about this is that the whole exercise routine is over so quickly it's really hard to actually come up with a good excuse not to do it; a 20 minute run is too easy to dismiss on 'time' grounds, but this even with 'helpful' children goes by in a flash.

Best

Dillinger

desidiabulum

I was doing the plank this morning when my 3 year old thought it would be fun to lie on my back. Laughing, whilst doing a plank with 15 kilos of toddler on your back is a pretty great enhancement to this exercise I must say :)

What I like about this is that the whole exercise routine is over so quickly it's really hard to actually come up with a good excuse not to do it; a 20 minute run is too easy to dismiss on 'time' grounds, but this even with 'helpful' children goes by in a flash.

Best

Dillinger
Sounds like you should be hiring out your 3-year-old as an exercise gadget -- they have to earn their keep sooner or later.
I agree about the time -- if you need to find time for a sustained piece of exercise then if you're like me you only manage it now and then. Staircase exercise takes no time and has helped to bring my fasting levels back down into the 5s for the first time in ages. Now if only I had a child on my back as well.....

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Doing the plank for a minute is OK (time travels slowly though!), but burpees are more of an issue. I see you've changed the graphic in the OP to remove the press up - that was the easy bit for me, it's the squat-thrust bit I'm finding hard at the moment, but I'll keep at it. I can also do a short sprint on the rowing machine on top of the baseload exercise if needed.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Right, I know I don't exactly belong on this thread because there is no way I could do those exercises but......

So don't laugh but.....I can actually do the plank for a few seconds now!.....I couldn't do this 3 months ago because it was physically impossible because my belly was too big and therefore it supported my weight! So I'm well happy with that and I'll leave the rest of you to your daily torture! Have fun.:)

Reactions: 14 people

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
Keep it up @zand and I'll be sending my baby boy round in a few weeks to sit on you whilst you do them. :)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keep it up @zand and I'll be sending my baby boy round in a few weeks to sit on you whilst you do them. :)
lol......I love a challenge! Aaaarrgghh! I'm gonna have to keep doing them now aren't I? A minute you say? ...hmmm I'll let you know if I ever manage 30 seconds!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
lol......I love a challenge! Aaaarrgghh! I'm gonna have to keep doing them now aren't I? A minute you say? ...hmmm I'll let you know if I ever manage 30 seconds!
Just do what you can Zand ! The important this is participating. 5 secs will eventually lead to 10, an so on :)