Kalms....

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Kalms....Are they any good??

I have/am under a lot of stress with stuff that is going on with my life at the moment and have been struggling to sleep at night! I have been on antidepressants before, but I don't really like taking them, and I know that Kalms is supposed to be herbal or whatever and I was just wondering is it safe for us Diabetics to take them??

x

Scardoc

I haven't a clue but from what I have seen virtually nothing these days is suitable for diabetics!! My case in point would be Veet hair removal cream. Now, I'm not Chewbacca or anything but I do get hairy shoulders and it's not a uniform covering - it's patchy and uneven. I can here the "yeeews" from here and this is why I let my good Wife remove it. Apparently it can be nasty to cuddle into. However, it does say not suitable for diabetics.

I wouldn't have thought a herbal remedy would be an issue.

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 83869

I haven't a clue but from what I have seen virtually nothing these days is suitable for diabetics!! My case in point would be Veet hair removal cream. Now, I'm not Chewbacca or anything but I do get hairy shoulders and it's not a uniform covering - it's patchy and uneven. I can here the "yeeews" from here and this is why I let my good Wife remove it. Apparently it can be nasty to cuddle into. However, it does say not suitable for diabetics.

I wouldn't have thought a herbal remedy would be an issue.

Haha I always use veet...well nair same thing and have no problems...I think it is just because of ingrown hairs...which are kind of rare anyway?

I did see a post on here but it was for a Type 2! I may just give them ago..I don't think it says on the packet unsuitable for diabetics though! I just worry! haha thank you

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
To throw caution to the wind ask your pharmacist before buying, it might also say in the patient leaflet if they are safe for people with diabetes to use.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lettuce or cherries are good for helping you sleep .. Honest !

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i have taken kalms in the past before being diagnosed as type2
they worked for awhile

Westie2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
NicolaAnne
If you are having problems sleeping consider Googling 'good sleep hygiene'. You should find a number of techniques to help with getting to sleep. Simple ideas but they do work if followed. Good Luck.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

D

Deleted member 83869

NicolaAnne
If you are having problems sleeping consider Googling 'good sleep hygiene'. You should find a number of techniques to help with getting to sleep. Simple ideas but they do work if followed. Good Luck.

Tried the majority of them but doesn't/hasn't worked for me! I think the heat is a big problem but cannot have the window open because of our kitten :( x

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you tried valerian essential oil in a burner/vapouriser? It's one of the ingredients in kalms (the other one is hops) it's a but stinky but can work very effectively

Lezzles

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
CJ from the Egg heads
Shellfish
Leaving home without an umbrella
i have used Kalms sleeps and they have worked for me and i've never had any issues with them.
i just googled the patient information leaflet for you and there is nothing on there that says you cant take them.

as for your kitten and and open window, mosquito net pinned around the window helps and so does either spraying or keeping something strongly scented near the window helps as it puts them off.

D

Deleted member 83869

i have used Kalms sleeps and they have worked for me and i've never had any issues with them.
i just googled the patient information leaflet for you and there is nothing on there that says you cant take them.

as for your kitten and and open window, mosquito net pinned around the window helps and so does either spraying or keeping something strongly scented near the window helps as it puts them off.

Thank you! and ooo what could we put there though?? Thank you x

Lezzles

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
CJ from the Egg heads
Shellfish
My cats hate airfreshners like those reed diffuser things that you get nowadays.
apparently cats dont like anything citrus.

My cat Alfie however loves the smell of my Lantus Insulin and comes running when he hears me take the lid off it......weird animal! x

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
. Now, I'm not Chewbacca or anything but I do get hairy shoulders and it's not a uniform covering - it's patchy and uneven. I can here the "yeeews" from here and this is why I let my good Wife remove it.
Now got a mental pic of Chewbacca with bald shoulders:woot::woot:
could be worse , like a Veet "back, sac & crack" YEOW:eek::eek::eek:

lollyann1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My cats hate airfreshners like those reed diffuser things that you get nowadays.
apparently cats dont like anything citrus.

My cat Alfie however loves the smell of my Lantus Insulin and comes running when he hears me take the lid off it......weird animal! x

lollyann1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My cat also likes the smell of lantus - crazy isn't it? or maybe not. Whatever, the reason I have to take extra care using insulin making sure non escapes!

Lezzles

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
CJ from the Egg heads
Shellfish
It is strange how he is with it though as normally if you put anything like that near him he will rub against it but he just sniffs it, he pulls my hand towards him with his paw it's funny.
He's a maine coon and just totally awesome..........yes im a crazy animal lady, i cant just limit it to cats as im just as mental with my dogs and anything else cute and fluffy lol