I can't stay awake

KkeithP

Vitamin B12 can't be taken by tablet because the digestive system destroys it.

However, it can be purchased from places like Holland and Barrett in "sublingual" form, meaning you squirt a pipettes full under the tongue for 30 seconds every day and build up B12 levels.

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Vitamin B12 can't be taken by tablet because the digestive system destroys it.

However, it can be purchased from places like Holland and Barrett in "sublingual" form, meaning you squirt a pipettes full under the tongue for 30 seconds every day and build up B12 levels.
I would maybe Google that.

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I must look out for the sublingual form of B12, I have not noticed it in H&B, have you had your medication levels checked?, and had your thyroid checked, thats one for the drop in energy and nodding off. I think that when we are in a situation we don't know which way to turn for the best, watching bs levels, looking after the precious kidney, vital, and then trying to find the best plan of food, medication and feeling ok and with it,. I also stay away from the doctors as I find them un-interested and sometimes quick to give a script, even hospital doctors are not recalling back fast enough, for my liking.I must look up Vitamin K, as it too can help the body, I know it is found in strawberries, but uses have been forgotton, google job for me.When you have a hot drink, have tried the fruit teas in place of ordinary tea and coffee?. You being a type 1 it is so much more vital to be selective in your foods etc. Please keep telling us your progress for noe ttfn

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
There is always something to check out, to mailtain the balance of life, if it helps jabs will be worth it if they help me.
Good members keep the information flowing, asking the right questions will eventuly get the right answers, then ttfn

You will only get jabs if your levels are really low. Under 170 if I remember rightly. The needles seem to be huge and painful when they were given to me.

Personally there are good B12 tablets available if you are over 170.

Loving life

DiaBethic95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It could be your thyroid.
I used to sleep all the time too so I went for a blood test and I have hypothyroidism, it's fairly common with diabetics apparently!
And you only have to take a tablet in the morning everyday and you're sorted!
I think a trip to the doctors is in order for you!

Beth, Type 1 diabetic.
Or as my family call me 'Diabethic'

rijohnston

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had the same issue although I'm not as well controlled. My doc suggested I take iron supplements to help with energy. Only started a few weeks ago and haven't noticed much of a difference, but this weather isn't helping!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App