Type 1 Sleeping

martin80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Today i had cereal for breakfast and a coffee. Took my insulin as usual. But then half an hour later just flaked out, wasnt even tided.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Hi Martin, could be anything really. Maybe you're just very tired ? How are your BG levels ?

martin80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
10.9 was suffering from a headache then just drifted off really quickly. Just worried about all this sleeping. Think im sleeping too much.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
10.9 is too high and will make you tired. Reduce your BG levels and this should help with fatigue. If not, see your doc. It may be nothing to do with diabetes.

martin80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Adam sounds like your abit like me. Always yawning always cant be bothered just want to veg. Mother in law says im lazy.

DiaBethic95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could be your thyroid?
I was the same, turned out I have hypothyroidism!

Beth, Type 1 diabetic.
Or as my family call me 'Diabethic'

Nyxks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Discrimination based on gender, age, medical conditions, etc.
!0 is on the high side of things, but if you are use to being high might not feel that bad (you'll feel worse the closer to normal you get (false low feeling) .. I use to run between 10 and 15 for years unable to get it down into range for more then a few bits (now I have issues keeping my levels up at times).

DiaBethic95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sleeping all the time, headaches, depression. It pretty much felt like my sugars were 20+ but they weren't, were normal.
Go to your gp and have some blood tests done.

Beth, Type 1 diabetic.
Or as my family call me 'Diabethic'

Bogusman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Too numerous to mention
10.9 is high-ish but not particularly THAT bad, certainly not high enough to make you sleep/tired or give you headaches etc. Everyone is different right enough so...
What insulin are you using? at the end of last year, on my Doctors advice, I changed my night time insulin from Insulatard to Lantus. This lasted a month, Lantus was making me feel so tired I could have lay down on the ground and sept. I changed back to Insulatard and within a week I was back to normal. I was quite angry at my Doc. for making me do something I didn't want to. Maybe it is your insulin.