NHS : late payers

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Listening to Radio 4 today. It seems the NHS are terrible at paying bills on time. One instance over £200k paid 215 days late!! That's a lot for a relatively small firm to withstand!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
About as bad as DEFRA paying vets for work re foot & mouth!

Sancho panza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's probably the one of the biggest issues that small firms face today,
I am the part owner of a small company with seven employees it's pretty much standard to have to wait sixty days to get paid. And the bigger the company that owes you money the worse they are.

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
I work for a big company and we (certainly in my department) work closely with suppliers and contractors to ensure we don't have a negative impact on their cashflow. I have organised payment for smaller contractors within 7 days of invoice.

I used to work for a small contractor, and I found that when larger companies don't pay as per the terms of the contract, an application for a winding up order works a treat.......

Beshlie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At one time when one of my dogs needed vet treatment the vet used to accept payment straight from the insurance company, but often had to wait for 6 months or more to be payed. If I made the claim to be sent to me it was up to 2 weeks. So now, I make the claim to be sent to me and then take the money to the vet, then everyone is happy. I hate owing money but it doesn't seem to bother some people, especially big businesses!