Severe itching

Bob700

Sorry ladies this post is a bit embarrassing but I am desperate for help and my GP is useless (changing doctors). I have a severe itch under my foreskin, I've had it on and off for a few years but it's getting worse, as I say my doctor is useless, I'm not sure that he listens half the time.
Can anyone shed any light on this.

jackie godden

Sorry ladies this post is a bit embarrassing but I am desperate for help and my GP is useless (changing doctors). I have a severe itch under my foreskin, I've had it on and off for a few years but it's getting worse, as I say my doctor is useless, I'm not sure that he listens half the time.
Can anyone shed any light on this.
how are your blood sugars could it be thrush

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, Bob700, Could be something simple like a yeast infection or thrush as Jackie suggested
You must get a consultant to check this out. your doctor can arrange this for you "it is all part of the NHS service".
Your doctor must give you the the best possible treatment for this problem, that is arrange for you to get a appointment with a urologist consultant ( I think that is what they are called ).
You will have to put your foot down.:)

Bob700

My blood sugars have been quite high as I've been a bit neglegent with my own health and I've been eating too much procesed food with hidden sugar but I've started to get a good grip on it over the last week as I no longer have to care for anyone else

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's carbs not just 'sugar' you have to watch
Some here do a lchf diet

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
definitely sounds like thrush.......and from you saying you have been neglecting the BGs for a while, it confirms it even more.......

the doc will give you cream/tablets but it will remain if you don't get your sugars under control for a good length of time.......

I had it for a whole year, was not pleasant, no creams or pills worked though until I stabilized the blood sugar....

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Theres a tablet you can get at the chemist for thrush. 1 tablet and over the next couple of days your symptoms just disappear. Magic.

I can't remember the name, but if you ask at the pharmacy counter for 'a tablet for thrush'.

Can't praise it enough.

However (word of caution) it's a powerful dose - so you don't want to repeat it for a while. Far better to sort your diet out to prevent the thrush recurring.

Good luck. Hope it works.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Theres a tablet you can get at the chemist for thrush. 1 tablet and over the next couple of days your symptoms just disappear. Magic.

I can't remember the name, but if you ask at the pharmacy counter for 'a tablet for thrush'.

Can't praise it enough.

However (word of caution) it's a powerful dose - so you don't want to repeat it for a while. Far better to sort your diet out to prevent the thrush recurring.

Good luck. Hope it works.
I used over the counter tablets and creams. Finally the doctor prescribed a tablet and some steroid cream because it was just like eczema front to back!! Whatever I did it just recurred. It was one of the symptoms I had that made me suspicious that I may have diabetes. Once my bg was under control, symptoms went.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App