Honeymoon Period

gemz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Did anyone else ever experience a small pain and fluttering sensation from their Pancreas during the Honeymoon Period?

I have been in my Honeymoon Period for just over a year and over the last few months I have been getting small pains & fluttering/twitching every now and then from the area where my Pancreas is. I was just wandering if anyone else had experienced this. I think it may be a sign that that my Honeymoon is coming to an End. My Blood Sugars have slowly been creeping up, but still under control.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
It does look like your honeymoon period is coming to an end if your bg is creeping up and your having to increase insulin doses, never heard anyone mention about the fluttering/ twitching sensation before but that's not to say it doesn't happen.

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Yes, I experienced this a lot in the last month or so whilst I was honeymooning... I don't know if thats just co-incidental, but did experience it too x

User4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't even know where my pancreas is located. I'm guessing somewhere around the middle below the heart.
I know that since restarting my insulin (due to honeymoon starting to end) has made me feel like ****.