Survey for Diabetes

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hope you've received lots of responses. Bumping to get it back up to the top.

Gary Thom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Another one filled in.

It looks like the main thrust around this survey is inconvenience, pain and general difficulties around administering insulin. I've only been injecting since January so maybe those who've been doing it for decades will feel differently, but I can't say it bothers me much at all. It's just one extra thing I have to do, like brusing my teeth or ironing a shirt in the morning.

Of course I'm suerothers will feel differently and it's admirable to investigate how difficulties for these people could be allieviated, but I'd be curious to see how widespread this is. Could you share the data with us when your study is complete as it would be interesting to see.

I remember once the Daily Mail talking about a potential artificial pancreas and how it would end the 'misery' of injections for T! diabetics. Again at that time I thought misery was overstating it just a tad.

GrannyLynne

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had T1 for nearly four years and what I hate is having to calculate carbs vs insulin everytime I eat!

powerups111

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Another one filled in.

It looks like the main thrust around this survey is inconvenience, pain and general difficulties around administering insulin. I've only been injecting since January so maybe those who've been doing it for decades will feel differently, but I can't say it bothers me much at all. It's just one extra thing I have to do, like brusing my teeth or ironing a shirt in the morning.

Of course I'm suerothers will feel differently and it's admirable to investigate how difficulties for these people could be allieviated, but I'd be curious to see how widespread this is. Could you share the data with us when your study is complete as it would be interesting to see.

I remember once the Daily Mail talking about a potential artificial pancreas and how it would end the 'misery' of injections for T! diabetics. Again at that time I thought misery was overstating it just a tad.

Sure I will definitely send in the report!

Paul J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
all the things i should have.....well some anyway
all done
Good luck

rijohnston

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Done!! must admit im pretty lax about my insulin. however i dont find it an inconvenience. I remember in 1999 there was a report saying the cure for diabetes would come in the new millennium and then on new years day 2000 when there wasnt a cure I cried because I thought it meant straight away (I was 9 at the time)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I normally give these surveys a wide birth... But I did this one..

Done!! must admit im pretty lax about my insulin. however i dont find it an inconvenience. I remember in 1999 there was a report saying the cure for diabetes would come in the new millennium and then on new years day 2000 when there wasnt a cure I cried because I thought it meant straight away (I was 9 at the time)

Yep, unfortunately I have been hearing the rumour of a cure since the mid 70's..
"In ten years time there will be a cure! So stay well controlled & there will be less complications when it arrives..." Or a message to that end.
By the mid 90's I gave up on the cure.. But I'm still in control..! :)