Sharing Stuff & Struggling

fatbanjo

So I was diagnosed last August as being Type 2 diabetic after months of feeling totally wiped out and getting the odd itchcy "old man" thing...I was slowly losing weight up until xmass and feeling a lot better but since then I've fallen off the wagon a bit and don't seem to be able to kick start myself off again..I was walking 2/3miles every morning with my dogs but as I've put on half a stone I struggle to get up in the morning and I have to be at work quite early...I accept that I have diabetes and I've read God knows how many books that all seem to contradict one another...It seems that if I try and not eat so much I feel rough...It seems like I'm a bit stuck with it all...any ideas?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi FB and welcome to the forum.It is not so much how much you eat as what you eat!!All diabetics need to reduce the amount of carbohydrate that they eat so that their blood sugar levels remain under control.Do you know what your blood sugar levels are at the moment?
Do you have a blood test monitor so that you can test regularly?

fatbanjo

I do test but i recently had my abh1c test( might have spelt that wrong) which came back as 6.9 overall oct to dec o8...which before was 10...but stress and stuff and winter have caught up with me a bit and I'm dreading going for the next one. I was also given some statins a few weeks back but I'm still not sure i should be on them with my Carbs at 5...I'm always between 7 and 9 first thing and around 6 between 4 and 6 pm

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
If I read that right your Hba1c has dropped from 10% to 6.9%.That is good! You are aiming to keep your Hba1c under &% to avoid complications in the future.
Statins are given to reduce your cholesterol levels.

PRINNY

hi fb, i think its finding a diet and lifestyle that fits in with you, reading books is good but too much information can also be confusing, joining the forum is a step in the right direction as you are talking to people who all have the one thing in common and of course thats diabetes, i have started low carbing, i was diagnosed 4 years ago with t2, but i had treatment for cancer last year and ended up on insulin, my gp is helping me to come off it as it was only suppose to be temporary, the low carb diet is bringing my bslevels down and i am slowly reducing my insulin, when i get fed up and want to eat a giant choccy bar which many of us do from time to time were only human! i think about all the complications that could happen if i didnt look after myself ,i want to keep healthy for as long as possible, only you can do it, keep coming to the forum, the help, support and advice is there, all the best to you, from prinny