Pregnancy

Peachypuff72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being woken up early :(
I wanted to know what are the do's and don'ts on getting pregnant with type 1 diabetes?
Thank you

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wanted to know what are the do's and don'ts on getting pregnant with type 1 diabetes?
Thank you
Hey ,
You should go and view the pregnancy bit of this forum , there's a few of us girlies with in there at the moment , where were all planning for pregnancy .

:p:p:p

Peachypuff72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being woken up early :(
Me and boyfriend are going to start trying next year. Were preparing ourselves, healthy eating , exercise , and finding groups so we have an idea on any complications caused with type 1. Thank you will head over now and good luck!! Xxx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Me and boyfriend are going to start trying next year. Were preparing ourselves, healthy eating , exercise , and finding groups so we have an idea on any complications caused with type 1. Thank you will head over now and good luck!! Xxx
That's brilliant news !! It's is so great your are planning .
I have been to my first pre conception appointment this Tuesday , and I'd advice you to go there , they will get you right on track and guide you through everything I was very shocked as thought I'd have to go to a few ect , but I was giving the go ahead I'm allowed to start trying . So the better the control the better outcome . A lot of it is tight control .
Before your pregnant before meals 4-7 after meals 2 hours under 10mmol

Pregnancy 3.5-6.5 pre meal . 1 hour meal only up to 7.8 mol , but this is only once your pregnant .
Also to take 5 mg of folic acid nearer the time .
Hba1c they like to be under 7% . What is your current hba1c .do you pump or use injections .

That's just a quick idea of some of the things that need to be done , just to sort of answer your question . But yes deffo go view pregnancy forum .
Loads of lovely girls on there to help and advice .

Good luck with your journey !! :):):)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Duplicate post with one reply moved to Pregnancy forum.