Health Professionals? Nurses? what a joke

Harpar

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a friend whose father used to make homemade wine.

According to him, you know you are in trouble when you measure how much you drank in a week in gallons.
Or when you stop putting it in bottles and just decant straight from the demijohn into a glass ! !

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
HCP seem to have to find something to have a go at us for. I have never smoked and drink once in a blue moon, however chocolate has always been my downfall and combined with a desk job has effected my waste line, it curves out rather than in, so every time I visit do I get the lecture even if I have lost weight I am told I should be doing more, more exercise, better diet (their version). Reducing the carbs seems to be doing more good than any advise I had from them.

I think if they don't have something they can have a go at us about they feel they will be out of a job.

I am seriously thinking about keeping quiet about my meter when I see my nurse in a couple of weeks.
Hi. I'm lucky and have an excellent DN. When I was transferred to her in the surgery to go onto insulin having been a 'T2' on tablets she was delighted to see my meter readings and immediately offered to put the strips I had been buying myself onto prescription. I think she would have done that when I was just on tablets even though I bought the meter. So, there are some enlightened DNs out there.

Reactions: 2 people

Carol11

As a T1, all that & more....if they even know what T1 is, let alone being one and an adult. Makes one weep if it wasn't so frustrating

charlieb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As long as it's good wine!

A friend of mine's wife is French and when she got pregnant she went to her French doctor who when asked about drinking and pregnancy said that if she was used to having a glass of wine in the evening it would 'be a violation' to stop whilst pregnant! That's the sort of doctor I want..!

The strangest thing about being a diabetic is the feeling that we are forging ahead without maps figuring it out for ourselves whilst HCPs just sit around saying 'you can't get through that way'.

May your non-diabetes continue!

Best

Dillinger
I agree with you, I have been forging ahead for 55 years and have constantly been told " you can't do that", but usually things work out for me. Type 1, yesterday HbA1C 52, don't know equivalent.

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
My nurse has been fantastic. All along, she has said "try it, if it works for you, go with it".

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App