Dario meters

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys
Got my dario meter through the post today and so far I am really impressed. Just wondering if anyone else has received one and there thoughts

Type 2 diagnosed 24/01/2013.
NovoRapid, Lantus, Victoza, Metformin (sr), Simvistatin

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Just watched the video on their website and it looks fantastic, how are you finding it so far?

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It's really good after I made the biggest mistake with it and that is I didn't calibrate it first. Basically you have to test with control solution first. I have been using it against my main meter and first test I did my bg star was at 6.3 and dario at 3.6 then found out what I did wrong. After that ther has been a 0.3 difference between the two of them. So pretty good only fault I have found is in the software. Software is only for the iphone but meter works on the ipad but software not configured for the ipad. Emailed them back today as it only comes with 25 test strips asking for more

Reactions: 2 people

Diddly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have signed up for one. They are supplying free test strips until they are available on script. About September time I am led to believe. Also the app for android should be out by then.

t1
Diagnosed 14/02/2013
44 years old
basal/bolus

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That is correct strips are out on script on the 1st of September, if you have android it's going to be a different meter it will look identical but it's designed to work with android

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting device...

It seems to work with these devices..
Supported Devices:

• iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C
  • iPod touch 3rd & 4th generations
  • iPad 2, 3 and iPad mini
  • iPad with Retina display
I have an iPad mini but use a windows phone...

What really interests me is how it uses the headphone jack socket as opposed to the "lightning USB"...?
Nice looking device though..

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am really starting to like this meter I love the compact size of it and how it's all in one hard case instead of having a lancing device strips and meter all separate, it is small and compact and it's comparable with an iphone 5 or 5 unlike my bg star

pkw55

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Poor service
Had mine a month now really great tester need to ask for more test strips now but neat easy to use a compact tester

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Last weekend I emailed dario as I knew 25 strips wouldn't last, and saying that the software app wasn't compatible with the ipad. Monday got a reply from them saying that they agreed that there was a problem with the app and that there is an update being released soon that should solve this problem. And that they have popped some more strips in the post. So bearing in mind I get 200 strips a month I get a parcel in the post yesterday with 350 strips in and a box of lancets. I am really impressed with them over this apart from it took 5 days to come through the post and at this point I had ran out of strips