Help with food

Adamspillman

Hi my problem is I haven't being taking my nova rapid because I don't feel hungry or even think of food,I think its stress related as I'm in a new job but I thought it was just nerves bit its affecting me mentally too I also used to suffer from depression and bad nerves it may be coming bk I just want to know if anyone else has had this problem.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi Adam,

Are you struggling to eat, therefore not taking your insulin ? Also are you still testing your BG levels ?

Nerves are perfectly natural in a new job, everyone get's them so don't feel alone, try getting some fresh air at lunch time and taking a walk in a park or a green area, this is relaxing, also if you're getting stressed try some deep breathing. Hopefully when you are less stressed you will get your appetitie back, as this could also be causing you stress too by not eating, your body needs food so I hope your ok ;)

Reactions: 2 people

monkeymutha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I guess you are also on a long acting insulin as well as your rapid. You don't have to eat but if you do then use the rapid else the basal (long acting insulin) should do the rest (well in the perfect world eh!).

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You can miss meals (and insulin) on basal/bolus but you still need to eat to fuel the body, so it's not good missing to many meals as you will become ill.

It's probably best that you have chat with your gp and they may prescribe some meds that will relax you and calm your nerves, just don't let it continue for too long before seeking help.

Adamspillman

Still stressed so going docs think my depressions back also add stress and anxiety not a good mix but no one understands it they think I'm just being stupid because they can come with life fed up totally