How old were you when you first diagnosed with type 1?? And how long do you have it??

Karamia

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am type 1 diagnosed at 47 ( now aged 66 ) my medication is Nova rapid and Lantus I don't have good control and sore fingers from daily BM,s but never stop trying ! Good luck with your treatment sounds good so far

dollyhen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
high blood sugars and bad hypos
I thought that should be a great idea to share our experiences;)

I got diagnosed by 21 and have it now for 6 weeks, but my doc told me he never had a patient that handled it so well:D
i have had diabetes for 40 years just look after yourself and dont let it get you down keep your blood sugar good and you will be alright good luck

Valnshyne

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
oooh spotted this thread and had to post!

Officially diagnosed at 10 months old in 1989, but doctors seem to think I was born with it,

GrannyLynne

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was 53 and that was 3 years ago - severe DKA, spent 3 days in a coma (everyone fighting for my life) and another 10 days in ICU. Bit of a shock as I had felt so well!

Paul J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
all the things i should have.....well some anyway
5 months after my 50th birthday, Nov 20th 2010 was told that had It not been discovered ( bit of luck as no symptoms) I would have been dead on Christmas day!!!! scary spent a week in hospital recovering, now had it for nearly 4 years, and no complications

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed at the age of 7 and I'm now 22 so that would make it 15 years.

:):p:)

Ian DP

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Chips
7 months ago, age 58. Went to the GP about my sudden long distance blurry vision 10 months ago (otherwise felt fine, although a bit thirsty a week before on a very hot day). Rushed to hospital with high BS and DKA, diagnosed T2, then T1 a couple of months later.

Diagnosed T2 in sept 2013, BS levels 20+. BMI 22, age 58. Requested a GAD test in November, came back very high 2,000+
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

rijohnston

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was 13 months old, and I'm 23 now. Doctors thought having the flu and then a cold sore the weeks before are what happened to me. Was rushed to hospital unconscious, dr thought I had meningitis and gave me a lumbar puncture, a newly qualified dr said oh maybe it's diabetes, the old timer said it was ridiculous because I was only a baby but the newly qualified did the test or whatever they do and low and behold that's what it was! At the time I was the youngest to be diagnosed in Northern Ireland!!

Reactions: 2 people

amberzak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Competitive sport. I'm more of a for fun type person.
I was about 20ish. Maybe 19. Can't quite remember. I know it was when my parents split up.

andy1971

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
peas and doctors... well you asked!
I was 9. Just old enough to discover the melty goodness of a then named marathon bar... Life has a sick sense of humour sometimes lol I'm 43 now

Reactions: 2 people

kadiemay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm T1, 26 and diagnosed two weeks ago! So glad I'm not alone. I have been made to feel like being diagnosed at my age is some kind of crime :(