Type 2 >>> your visits to the diabetic nurse >>> do HbA1c readings follow body weight?

sterling

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For me, there is almost a perfect correlation between HbA1c and body mass. My lowest weight gave the lowest HbA1c and my highest weight gave the highest HbA1c. Everything in between follows the same pattern.

Are your experiences the same?

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I've only had two HbA1Cs so far, but it's gone down as well as my weight. Presumably because both are related to diet and exercise, so a correlation rather than a direct link.

Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For me, there is almost a perfect correlation between HbA1c and body mass. My lowest weight gave the lowest HbA1c and my highest weight gave the highest HbA1c. Everything in between follows the same pattern.

Are your experiences the same?
Yes!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For me there is a correlation, but not a perfect one; good enough to agree with the rest of you though.:)

Reactions: 2 people

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
It follows logic that it would, so I wouldn't say it's a huge surprise. I'm kind of hoping I can follow the same trend! 7 pounds down...

Reactions: 6 people

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
I deliberately held my weight steady for almost two months and my HbA1c still dropped. Ate low carb though.