Breakfast Mushroom omletre
lunch small tuna salad, 12g cheese, red onion
Supper more chicken faiijtas dollop pf homemade hummus salad

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Challenging day for me on the menu front as I spent last night in a hotel while away on business. So this morning I chose scrambled egg with smoked salmon followed by mixed berries with plain yoghurt (unsure if it was full or low fat) all from the menu, and ordered a large cafetiere of coffee and a small jug of cream. I felt I'd had a really good breakfast. It saw me through until 4pm when I had to pick up something from the motorway services.

I went for the drive-through McDonalds and ordered........a roast chicken deli wrap without any dressings or relish and.... sorry .....a passion fruit smoothie. Bloods this evening are 6.2 so I may have got away with it...

My biggest challenge in this weather is finding a refreshing drink on the go to ring the changes from bottled water.

Reactions: 2 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So, I was left alone this evening, with some mince in the fridge, and I mulled it over and decided that it was far too long since I had a good burger.

And what makes a really good burger ?

Well, it's the cheese and the bacon and the onions and the ketchup and the pickles, isn't it? Although I'm a less is more kind of person where pickles are concerned...

So, I browned a scattering of bacon lardons and onion in the pan, then lobbed them in the blender with 500g of mince, an egg (to bind it), 4 cherry tomatoes and 2 prunes (ketchup substitute), a teasp of mustard. Seasoned. Blended. Shaped into 4 ENORMOUS burgers and dry cooked them in the pan. Put slices of Gouda on two of them (cheeseburger!) for the last 2 mins, and served with an Innocent Veg Pot (because Mr B will always insist on buying too many, whenever they are On Special, and then we have to eat then in a hurry...)

The other two will be waiting for The Beloved when he gets in at 11pm, tired, hot and ravenous after a 10 hr shift.

Ooer. They were stupendous. And did I mention they were huge? I really didn't need 2 (but I soldiered on. I'm nothing if not stoic.)

I tried to take photos, but they were sooo humongous that it says the file is too big!

That sounds wonderful @Brunneria. I'm not usually a burger eater but alone in a hotel last night, I thought I should look after myself after a 4 hour drive so sat outside in the balmy evening air and chose something from the restaurant menu. I went for the house burger which was the only thing that wasn't breaded or battered, and asked for it without chips, and was offered extra salad instead. I left both parts of the bun, but found the burger so dry that it crumbled each time I cut into it. Unlike yours it was very disappointing, but I didn't feel hungry after polishing off the salad.

I doubt you did either!!

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bloods this evening are 6.2 so I may have got away with it...

Edit: Make that 5.8. :)

Reactions: 4 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late Breakfast 2 bacon 1 scrambled egg
late lunch couple squares cheddar, pork scratchings, strawberries and cream
Dinner tinned salmon and salad, sugar free jelly
Not been really hungry - too hot! Lots of water
Highest today was 6.1 1 .1/2 hours after breakfast, then been 5's all day

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: Fage yoghurt and flaxseed
Lunch: Eggs, bacon and portobello mushroom, fried in coconut oil
Dinner: Beef Steak & Caramelised Red Onion Burger with buttered broccoli (no face, no picture).

IMG_4320.JPG

Reactions: 7 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use rapeseed oil for frying - doesn't taste of anything really.

I save the coconut oil for sweet things x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I tend to dry fry my bacon in a non stick pan or use a couple of sprays of light olive oil. I like fatty meat but not the taste or feel in my mouth that "cooking fats" give. And butter is an acquired taste to me.

suehatton

Went to see 'giants' in Liverpool and had big mac no chips. So no bread for me next 2 days to try and balance the carbs.
I dry fry the bacon too, feels no need for fat. Usually scram the eggs in butter but if fried use olive oil.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's gone cooler here today so cold curry would be just too cold! Spent all week complaining about being too hot, now I'm off in bath to warm up!

mch1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast 4 x Lidl 85% pork chipolatas with flax seed and almond bread.
Lunch steamed salmon fillet with brocolli one new pot with creme frecehe and lemon.
Dinner. Chicken curry with cauliflower rice and some kind of low carb flat bread (still thinking of what to do with flax seed to make it)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast bacon, mushrooms, quorn sausage, egg and tomato
Lunch tuna mayo salad in a small bowl
Dinner chicken chorizo and chickpea stew ( trying to use stuff up as freezers won't shut!), asparagus., green beans, and bowl of salad with red onion( have discovered if I soak them in vinegar they don't give me indigestion so back on menu as I love onion)
Possibly some yogurt and strawbs later

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and egg

Salami and Brie salad

Scallops, spring onion and garlic butter with cauli mash. Scallops are my fave thing but I've never cooked them before so I'm hoping I'm not running to the loo tomorrow....!!

Cream, melted choc and strawbs later once rugrats are in bed.

Kept away from the evils today! :)

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.