Sporty Forty.e t

paulins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Feeling I can never eat anything sweet again or anything with carbs. But thought of diabetes complications scares me more so it is a no brainer!
I thought you were the one I could send my ironing to!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Tell me you didn't have your nightie on in the queue?
Which reminds me, how was the nightie dancing with the cruise captain?
I know what you mean about the dancing stuff though. I do it too waiting for the kettle to boil, or if I am in the queue in the supermarket, holding the trolley doing the invisible hula hoop thing. It is all part of the growing old disgracefully. I am happy to be the eccentric oldie. At least I shop in an area a good way from home so nobody knows me. Maybe we could include queue dancing/swaying as a part of the 40 mins routine?

It was so hot in the morning that I wishedI had my nightie on lol.

The cruise was fantastic. I would recommend the Ventura .
I did go sunbathing with my nightie over my swimsuit. ..my husband said I am a nutter lol.

I guess we will be fit all the queue dancing lol

Reactions: 6 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Think I have experienced both feeling inadequate, (when I read of the stuff some of you do which I will never be able to do again), perhaps now concern that my posts are causing others to feel that way. Confess to feeling envy of long walks and cycling, but as @Scandichic said 'horses for courses' no good wasting my time hankering over what cannot be. I have wonderful memories of fell walking and cycling and running, but it is time to make new memories. So looking for different activities to try.

If I sometimes sound as if I am showing off I am sorry. I am pleased with myself for getting more active, but don't want to do it at the expense of making anyone else feel as if they are slacking. I am also pleased with all of you, because reporting on here is spurring me on. As yet I haven't had a period of down time on the exercise. It will come, but I am confident that you will all understand, because this is one of the most supportive threads I have seen.

You are doing fantastic Pipp and you make me laugh lol

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm going to try and up my exercise to 50 minutes from 1st August - possibly 40 mins cardio and 10 mins toning etc as my calves are great but my bingo thighs need all the help they can get. I'd like to get to 1hr a day and then start thinking about cycling on a proper outside bike again as I used to love that when I was a teenager.
Whoa, whoa! I was kidding.

But wait a minute, I like this, aim high. Can't promise to join you on this particular challenge.

Oh, hang on, is that irony? Am I being slow on the uptake?

Might have to resort to ironing.

Help, haven't got an iron.
Confused now!

Reactions: 7 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I ave just been directed to this 'club' by @Pipp and am keen to join! Very supportive! When does the next exercise phase start?

Hi and welcome .
We decided to make it sporty forty so that anyone can join at anytime. Its 40 minutes a day of activity...Note activities not the exercise word that puts people off. Its about moving more ..
walking ,
swimming,
cycling ,
dancing around your living room in your nightie,
cleaning windows
walking up and down stairs during the adverts 8 times a day
hanging out washing
lifting tins of beans in your chair during tv programmes if you re not very mobile.
... anything that makes you move.

I hope you ll find it as supportive as I do . I have made it part of my life now and do something every day because I don't want to let everyone down ( I m a bit scared of them too , Im frightened they will tell me off if I don't lol)

Reactions: 8 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I'm going to try and up my exercise to 50 minutes from 1st August - possibly 40 mins cardio and 10 mins toning etc as my calves are great but my bingo thighs need all the help they can get. I'd like to get to 1hr a day and then start thinking about cycling on a proper outside bike again as I used to love that when I was a teenager.

That's funny I started more stretching and touching my toes today. ..we are toooo good lol

Reactions: 6 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Think I have experienced both feeling inadequate, (when I read of the stuff some of you do which I will never be able to do again), perhaps now concern that my posts are causing others to feel that way. Confess to feeling envy of long walks and cycling, but as @Scandichic said 'horses for courses' no good wasting my time hankering over what cannot be. I have wonderful memories of fell walking and cycling and running, but it is time to make new memories. So looking for different activities to try.

If I sometimes sound as if I am showing off I am sorry. I am pleased with myself for getting more active, but don't want to do it at the expense of making anyone else feel as if they are slacking. I am also pleased with all of you, because reporting on here is spurring me on. As yet I haven't had a period of down time on the exercise. It will come, but I am confident that you will all understand, because this is one of the most supportive threads I have seen.
You could never make me feel as if I were slacking - I can do that all by myself! :hilarious:
Although feeling shattered as I have done another 2.5 hours today! I am trying to fit in as much as possible as I know that come September I'll be working 60 hour weeks like a crazy lady as I try to complete all the increasingly impossible paperwork as well as planning lessons and marking! As of tomorrow, I'll be looking after a friends son so won't be able to fit everything in!

Reactions: 5 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
dirty girl
@this is too difficult
Please explain what you mean by this, because it makes me feel very uncomfortable. It is not the first time one of your posts has caused me distress, though I would like to give benefit of the doubt, and believe you mean no harm..
I am wondering too, if anyone else is confused by your post?

Reactions: 3 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@this is too difficult
Please explain what you mean by this, because it makes me feel very uncomfortable. It is not the first time one of your posts has caused me distress, though I would like to give benefit of the doubt, and believe you mean no harm..
I am wondering too, if anyone else is confused by your post?

I was confused too and just ignored it

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
.....indoor activities yesterday, no evening walk as it peed down from about five.. bodyblade, twistboard and yes that skipping stuff too....loads of ironing as well as @zand still hasn't been round to collect it...:cool:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
.....indoor activities yesterday, no evening walk as it peed down from about five.. bodyblade, twistboard and yes that skipping stuff too....loads of ironing as well as @zand still hasn't been round to collect it...:cool:

I thought you were the one I could send my ironing to!

Guys, you know I'd love to do your ironing for you. Sadly though it's been too hot for me even to do my own. So when it's cooler I'll get back to it.....but whilst I'm doing everyone's ironing, I'll need someone to do my cleaning......I hate cleaning, but ironing is OK.;):)

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh and I haven't been able to walk yet this morning because I've had to kick two unwilling workers out of the house first. So now I am starting to think about me and my day.......If I don't post later you'll know it's because I'm so busy I don't have the time to post ;)

paulins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Feeling I can never eat anything sweet again or anything with carbs. But thought of diabetes complications scares me more so it is a no brainer!
Day 1 of my 'plan'. Walked up stairs at work rather than lift. There is a poster at each level which says: "If you take the stairs to this level ever day you will have completed one Munro, two Munros, three Munros etc. by the end of the year'. (If you are not Scottish, a Munro is one of the many hills here which vary in height and difficulty. We call it 'bagging a Munro!'.) Will post at end of day.

Reactions: 10 people